Climate Settings With Remote Start | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Climate Settings With Remote Start

Wow, that sounds really cold, Sgt1411! :eek: If the heated seats didn’t turn on even when set to auto, I recommend scheduling a dealer appointment to have it checked. For extra help, I recommend calling the Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Center @ 1-800-565-3673 and explain what you’re experiencing.

If anyone in the US would like help, I’m happy to lend a hand by forwarding the details to the Customer Service Manager in your area. For me to do this, send a PM with your VIN, approximate mileage, contact information, and dealer name/state.

Cory

Thanks Cory

I called, all they say is they haven't heard of any problems and take the vehicle to the dealership. Unfortunately not much help, but I will ask at the next service appointment.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Confirm no heat from mine as well and its been in the mid 30s F here. Trying experiment cycled the settings to off then back to on will see in the morning.

Discovered that the defrost doesn't work as well with auto start, everything is set to auto. Could 2.11 be causing this?

Yes me too....no rear defrost......on remote start.

Im running v2.11 too

Anyone still on v2.8 that can maybe try remote start and see if v2.11 has an issue?

My wife confirmed that her seats and defroster work, only if it is quite cold (-10 C). We were suspect that it was working for awhile, it must only work work in certain temperature ranges. I dont know what version of software I m running, truck is only 2 weeks old, so I am assuming a new version of MFT.

It would be nice if we could set the temperature thresholds ourselves.

Cory- Any chance you can find out what the magic temp number is for the systems to work? Would be nice to know that the system is working properly and preclude a dealer visit.

Cory- Any chance you can find out what the magic temp number is for the systems to work? Would be nice to know that the system is working properly and preclude a dealer visit.

+1 please

It would be nice if we could set the temperature thresholds ourselves.

+1

Or if we can confirm they are triggered at an appropriate temp.

For heated seats i would think they should turn on when ever the temp is below 35.

Hey guys,

I’m sorry it took so long for me to answer this. I was out with the flu so I guess the cold got to me! :D

The temperature for the heated seats to come on is 32 degrees or below as measured by the outside temp sensor.

Cory

Cory,
Glad your felling better. Can the temp. that the seats turn on be changed by the dealer/service tech? heating and cooling..
Thanks

Is there a way to have the heated seats turn on automagically when using remote start?

Thanks!

Don't take this the wrong way, but why would you want them to? The car in theory would be all warmed up anyway before you even sit.
or am I missing something?

Don't take this the wrong way, but why would you want them to? The car in theory would be all warmed up anyway before you even sit.
or am I missing something?

Who doesn't like their buns toasted?

Hey guys,

I’m sorry it took so long for me to answer this. I was out with the flu so I guess the cold got to me! :D

The temperature for the heated seats to come on is 32 degrees or below as measured by the outside temp sensor.

Cory

Please pass on to Ford that this needs to be changed!!!! This needs to be built into MFT so the owner can change it. I'd like to see 45* or colder for the heated seats.. 38* is just as cold as 32* in my opinion and would like the seats on.

Please pass on to Ford that this needs to be changed!!!! This needs to be built into MFT so the owner can change it. I'd like to see 45* or colder for the heated seats.. 38* is just as cold as 32* in my opinion and would like the seats on.
Agreed. Why not just make it user selectable? A simple selector like the one for the cabin temp control would let us set it however we want.

Cory,
Glad your felling better. Can the temp. that the seats turn on be changed by the dealer/service tech? heating and cooling..
Thanks
GWA1,

Sorry, but the software cannot be modified by dealer personnel.

Agreed. Why not just make it user selectable? A simple selector like the one for the cabin temp control would let us set it however we want.
blwnsmoke & dco43054,

Thank you for the suggestion; I passed it on. I also recommend submitting this to Social.Ford.com so others can rate and comment on the idea. :D

BTW, thank you for the well wishes; I’m feeling 110% better!

Cory

Just got my Ex back from the dealer and the tech explained the remote start/heated seats and rear defrost.

All systems checked OK, no codes found, ambient temp sensor was fine.

Tech says Ford doesn't tell them what the switch delta is for activation either so he simulated colder temps at the sensor and found the system came on at 27F or approx −3C.

As was mentioned here before, the dealer techs have no way to change the activation temp, its programmed.

I agree with the others here, this should be an owner preference selection.

If thats not feasible then at least up the activation temp.

I've posted a suggestion in Ford Story. Once accepted I'll post link, but you can search it using the terms "Seat Activation Temperature"

If anyone hasn't voted for Sync Service Canada, btw .. please do so .. up to 49 and I'd really like 50 votes:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Remote Start and Climate

when i use the remote start, the aircon also turns on as well as the window defoggers. is it possible to turn these functions off? can i also limit the time before it shuts down? mine runs for 15 mins before shuting down.

Back