Climate Settings With Remote Start | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Climate Settings With Remote Start

Use the left side LCD screen, and do the set-up in "vehicle settings" and "remote start".

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tried to search couldnt find much.
Is there a way to have your heated seats
Turn on when explorer is remote started?
I have merged your thread with this existing one.

Peter

Heated seats and remote start

Is there a setting to make the seat heaters turn on with the remote start?

using the left control pad on your steering wheel and the left screen on your dash, go into settings and then remote start settings and you'll see the remote start heated seats option. Set it to auto and they will turn on when it's cold out. I'm not sure how the last setting works since i've never tried it. Mine works great on the auto setting.

Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:
Using the Forum's 'Search' feature I found this thread and merged yours with it. I believe it is also covered in your Owner's Manual.

Peter

Wow ! Six model years and Ford still has not solved this issue ? Sad.

Wow ! Six model years and Ford still has not solved this issue ? Sad.
2017 is the 7th model year.;) Not sure what issue you are referring to. If it is the seat heaters or other climate functions not turning on with remote, then that really isn't an issue as it works just as designed. It worked in my 2011 Ltd, 2014 MKT and now my 2017 Explorer.

Peter

2017 is the 7th model year.;) Not sure what issue you are referring to. If it is the seat heaters or other climate functions not turning on with remote, then that really isn't an issue as it works just as designed. It worked in my 2011 Ltd, 2014 MKT and now my 2017 Explorer.

Peter

I was referring to the seat heaters with remote as designed <32* >80* limitations. I didn't know if the 17's still have this issue. My wife and I just want our butts to be warm with a little help from Ford.

Had a 24* morning to try this out and still no heated seats on remote start. That and the fact that this thread stretches over 5 years without definite resolution leads me to believe the obvious.

It was around 14 F this morning and I used the remote start ( ran almost 10 min.) but when driving I noticed the seat was not warm although the indicator showed all heat was on high (3 bars). Everything else was nice and warm. After I stopped off and picked up a few items at a store, I started the vehicle back up and soon felt the heat from the seat. I'll keep an eye on this to see if it is an intermittent issue. The settings are all as they should be.

Update: the seats do not come on full (3 bars) until you get in and press the 'Start' button.

Peter

I get heated seats, steering wheel, and mirrors automatically on my 2017, presuming the temperature is below freezing.

And believe me, when I get in, the first two are certainly nice and toasty.

Hello all, I'm probably in the wrong area given that I have an Escape, however the issue falls in line with this thread. I use the remote start function on my 2017 Escape daily - either through the FOB or the Fordpass app. I always set my climate controls in the vehicle to 'auto' for drive and passenger seats, steering wheel and defrost. The settings for heater/A/C are also on auto. Every now and again after starting the car remotely, I'll notice something isn't warm - usually the seat or wheel or both. I'll check the setting and it's now gone from 'auto' to 'off'. I didn't set it to off… I set it to 'auto' and never touched it again. It's automatically somehow turning itself off. Anyone know if this is a known issue, a software type issue, or maybe the intent (as in, I need to reset it manually every time)? It's strange to think about going in for service with vehicles now that have so much software and wifi capabilities - it seems like this might be a programming glitch that could just be updated remotely to my vehicle (I mean, if I can use an app to lock/unlock the doors or start the car, and also sends info to Ford, why can't they reverse upload new software?)

It's driving me nuts. It's winter, and I want these things warm… I'm annoyed that about 80% of the time I'm having to manually reset these settings. Perhaps instead of 'auto/off' it should just be 'on/off' - I'm not setting things to off, so there should be no reason for it to automatically default back to 'off'.

Any suggestions welcome. And to note, this has happened with both the FOB and the app… so it's not specifically tied to using one or the other.

D

The settings should not change. Once you set it to 'Auto' for the remote start it should stay that way until it is manually changed. Having said that, I also had a setting change on me once when I had my 2011 Explorer. When backing up one day I noticed the Active Guidelines were not showing in the rearview camera. I checked the settings ad they showed as being OFF. Never changed that myself. Set it back to On and never had another issue like that again. If it keeps happening, I think a dealer visit would be in order although I doubt that this sort of problem leaves any codes for them to find. I'd also check for a forum on the Escape and perhaps there may be others having issues like yours there. Good luck.

Peter

Is there any way I can set it up so that when I remote start,
The steering wheel heater is turned on
Car butt warmer is turned on
Defrost is turned on both front and rear windshields
It defeats the convenience of having remote start when i have to physically get inside and do all these things 5 minutes before driving.

Is there any way I can set it up so that when I remote start,
The steering wheel heater is turned on
Car butt warmer is turned on
Defrost is turned on both front and rear windshields
It defeats the convenience of having remote start when i have to physically get inside and do all these things 5 minutes before driving.
Your thread was merged with this existing one.
All the functions that turn ON with remote start when the setting selected in the left-hand display is 'Auto' are shown on page 155 of your Manual (3rd revision).
• Heated seats.
• Cooled seats.
• Heated steering wheel.
• Heated mirrors.
• Heated rear window.
You can adjust the default remote start settings using the information
display controls. See the Information Displays chapter.

You may be able to have the heater blow faster and possible the windshield defrost if you choose "Last Settings" in the display instead of "Auto" but then the items listed above will likely not turn ON.

Peter

Back