• Register Today It's free!

Clutch Fan Blowing Noise Problem

rodolfogalindo

Reaction score
City, State
Mexico City
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 XLT
After reading almost every post about fan noises in this forum, I haven't found an answer that fits my problem.

I've got a 2004 Explorer XLT V8 (130,000 km) which has a blowing noise from the hood. I'm pretty sure the source is the fan due to its distinctive blowing sound.

The blowing noise is always synchronised with the engine RPM regardless it is cold, warm or hot, it doesn't matter the truck is moving or stopped.

I have replaced the fan clutch for a new one, but the problem remains the same.

I have never had an overheating problem, just the fan noise which emerged just a month ago. The engine still works fine, reaches its normal temperature and never exceeds it.

I was proud and glad of the quiet engine of my SUV and now I have a new awkward blowing noise on the hood which was non existent before and has been not solved with a fan clutch replacement.

The original fan was replaced with a Duralast (part number 922115) purchased at AutoZone.

Before the installation, I didn't found any difference between old and new fan clutches. I felt both clutch axes similar at the time of trying to twist by hand both of them.

I appreciate the whole of your advises in advance

After reading almost every post about fan noises in this forum, I haven't found an answer that fits my problem.

I've got a 2004 Explorer XLT V8 (130,000 km) which has a blowing noise from the hood. I'm pretty sure the source is the fan due to its distinctive blowing sound.

The blowing noise is always synchronised with the engine RPM regardless it is cold, warm or hot, it doesn't matter the truck is moving or stopped.

I have replaced the fan clutch for a new one, but the problem remains the same.

I have never had an overheating problem, just the fan noise which emerged just a month ago. The engine still works fine, reaches its normal temperature and never exceeds it.

I was proud and glad of the quiet engine of my SUV and now I have a new awkward blowing noise on the hood which was non existent before and has been not solved with a fan clutch replacement.

The original fan was replaced with a Duralast (part number 922115) purchased at AutoZone.

Before the installation, I didn't found any difference between old and new fan clutches. I felt both clutch axes similar at the time of trying to twist by hand both of them.

I appreciate the whole of your advises in advance
Hi, seems like i am having same problem on my 2006 v6 explorer. Did you find out what was the reason behind loud fan noise? TIA

This Member has not been here since 2015.

Good luck.

Back