Code U2023 3rd Gen Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Code U2023 3rd Gen Ford Explorer

jbwilson3791

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer
Today I was going to flush my heater core to prepare for upcoming winter because last winter my heater didn't impress me. I have an OBDII sensor I plug in and it connects to my phone, It gave me a Coolant reading of 195-199 degrees max and I was getting about 140 degrees from the vents (are those normal numbers) Anyways while My OBDII reader was plugged in I decided to scan for codes and it showed up with a P1000 and a U2023 code. Nothing seems to be out of ordinary, but does anyone know what could cause those, especially that U2023 one. I recently had a pinion seal on the front differential replaced, could they have caused this? any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank YOU!

You can ignore the P1000 code. That is just an information code saying that all monitors have not been run since the computer memory was cleared. The U2023 definition says that incorrect information was received from another module. U-codes are not easy to track down. Code needs to be active to diagnose and you need a full scanner that can access all the modules on the vehicle. Usually with communication or network codes the module at fault will not communicate with scanner.

You can ignore the P1000 code. That is just an information code saying that all monitors have not been run since the computer memory was cleared. The U2023 definition says that incorrect information was received from another module. U-codes are not easy to track down. Code needs to be active to diagnose and you need a full scanner that can access all the modules on the vehicle. Usually with communication or network codes the module at fault will not communicate with scanner.

Okay so would you recommend hooking up a professional scanning tool and see what it says? Thank YOU

Yes that way you can get information from all the modules not just the engine control module.

Back