Codes, codes and more codes | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Codes, codes and more codes

Art Tonucci

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Eddie bauer
Getting the dreaded 0403 and 0443 codes. Installed new purge valve, EGR, and PCV ( what a pain in the butt) Even tried the connector cleaning trick suggested on this forum. Both are thrown within minutes of operation. Once cleared, can go all day without popping up.
All of these new parts have resulted in more pick up, slightly better mileage. I need this forums help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just had my PCM replaced by an excellent auto electric tech because of those same codes. He ruled out all else and drove the truck for a week afterward and NO MORE CODES! 2010XLT V6 4WD.

Thank you, I was hoping it was not the pcm. Did you replace or ref lash the original?

Replaced the pcm. Call Jerry at Keystone Auto Electrical 610-344-0280 and he can fill you in as to what he found on my car. I have the old pcm as a "souvenir" of this vexing problem. The local Ford dealer had the car for two months and could not diagnose the problem, Steve.

Thank you so much. I have done a lot of diy work myself so feel free to reach out
Art

Thanks Art, keep us posted on your resolution of this problem- I'm convinced that Ford programs the pcms to self destruct when the odo clicks over 100k!

Back