• Register Today It's free!

coil spacer rating

pacu

Reaction score
City, State
larkspur, co
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 navajo lx
just got asked by a friend if i'd be willing to help out with a coil spacer/ shackle lift mod. i was the one that scored him the spacers off this sight but didn't know i'd be helping with install.
for those who have done it- how difficult is it on a scale of 1-10? we already did a body lift and that was fairly easy- i'd give that a 5. after all, i did have some bloody knuckles when it was over.
he wants to do it tomorrow morning so your feedback is very valuable.

About the same level...
Not much to it, Remove wheel, remove lower shock, unbolt sway, remove lower spring retaining nut (1 1/8"), remove spring, insert spacer, reverse order..
Good Luck.

If you have a good jack, jackstand 28mm wrench.. assorted open ended wrenches and I believe a 1 1/4" wrench for the big nut at the bottom of the spring... I'd rate it a 3 or 4..

It is really easy.. support Vehicle @ frame on the side you are going to work on..

Pull tire

If you have them.. Disconnect Sway bar from the side you are working on..

Loosen the RA bushing on the side you are workign on...

Remove the big nut at the bottom of the spring...
Rotate spring to release the top of it...

Now just push down on the hub so you can lower the spring out of the seat..

Put in the spacer.. put the spring back in and put it all backtogether..

I loosen the RA bushing and sway bar so it is easier to get the RA to drop enough to fit the spring back in..

~Mark

Easy job, the bolt on mine was 1-1/8 inches, about twenty minutes each side with just the stock jack, and hand tools. Do give your self enough room to pull the lower part of suspension down, to make room for the coil to go back in after the spacer is installed.

Back