Colorado Short Trips

LLSTRIKES96

Reaction score
City, State
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT
Hey All,
I know there are a bunch of people on this board from Colorado so I just figured I'd ask if anybody had some good suggestions of places relatively close to the Denver metro area that had some fun trails and maybe good camp sites too. I know how much Colorado has to offer but my wheelin' partners and I never have much more time then a day to go. What do you guys think?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm in the same situation ...

My question is where were you guys on the last few runs we have done?
I know you can't say the trails we have done are to hard because Chris takes them in his 2001 Explorer.

For a good day run there is Saxon Mountain.
We found a couple that will be ran for the CCR2001. Just pm mmpc and he can tell you.

Watch the board for the next run

A bit further away, but still a nice drive and and easy trail, is Tin Cup Pass west of Buena Vista.

Saxon is, in my mind, one of the best moderate to easy trails close to Denver (I only drove half of it, but the rest of the gang finished it and loved it.)

I know you can't say the trails we have done are to hard because Chris takes them in his 2001 Explorer.

Hey Perry, what's that supposed to mean??? :(;) Yes, for those wishing to join the Colorado Contingent on runs, keep an eye on these boards. We go up at least twice a month...

I always miss em' due to work . One of these days :)

Originally posted by mmpc

Hey Perry, what's that supposed to mean??? :(;)

What I mean is people can't say "well I can't go because mine is to new or to nice". Yours has less then 5,000 miles on it which makes it pretty new and your out there. :D

OK, that's what I thought you meant... ;):p

there are loads of good trails near denver. Go up to idaho springs on the north side and just explorer, lots up there. you could also try up aroud west of boulder. get the colorado gazeteer and look for the unimproved roads and jeep trails and just explore. it's more fun without a guidebook.
andy.

if you'd like you can come out with us sometime. we are in lakewood

Say, LLSTRIKE96! Trail ride tomorow (07/20/01)!!!! IN COLORADO!!!!

LLSTRIKES96 and anyone else who is interested,

We are going on a trail ride up Deer Creek Canyon to Radical Hill tomorow, Saturday,July 20, 2001

Radical hill is rated a 5/6 out of a 10. Tried it last week but had to back down the hill because one of those Humvee tour groups from Breckenridge wouldn't back up to a turnout.

The Rally Point will be the northeast parking lot off of the Morrison exit from I-70 in Denver West. We will leave at 8:00 am. Questions, Call my cell 303-817-9004.

This will be a prerun for the Serious Explorers annual Colorado Colors Run in September.

Bummer! That sounds like a lot of fun but I gotta work tommorow. (Retail, what are ya gonna do?) Let me know how everything goes.:(

Ah, yes, work. That four letter word gets in the way of so many interesting fun stuff.

Well you will be missed, hopefully you can make the next one!

Back