• Register Today It's free!

Combustion chamber cleaning

ponkotsu

Reaction score
City, State
Colorado Springs, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Lincoln Aviator
I suspected my cc and rings were really carboned up. So I removed the plugs and sprayed in some Amsoil Power Foam and let it soak overnight. I sucked out some really nasty muddy junk from them. I was really surprised how bad it was. Seems to be running way better now, but not perfect. Anyone have suggestions on a better cleaner to use? I think I will repeat this process at the next oil change to try and get more out. I really don't think something like Seafoam that you suck into the manifold is going to melt sludge this bad, but maybe I'm wrong...

If you are thinking about doing this, you better know what you are doing so you don't destroy your engine.

some methanol injections and diesel injection systems use water injection to clean the cylinders,, it works,,

take off the inlet tube,, rev it up, spray some water in with a windex bottle with the pump sprayer, i do it, just don't use too much,

Never tried it before but heard that it can be effective. Hard to imagine water removing the crap I took out though.

it makes it into steam, an excellent cleaner,,

Back