1. Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership!

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Combustion chamber cleaning

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by ponkotsu, March 1, 2014.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. ponkotsu

ponkotsu Active Member

City, State:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2005 Lincoln Aviator
    I suspected my cc and rings were really carboned up. So I removed the plugs and sprayed in some Amsoil Power Foam and let it soak overnight. I sucked out some really nasty muddy junk from them. I was really surprised how bad it was. Seems to be running way better now, but not perfect. Anyone have suggestions on a better cleaner to use? I think I will repeat this process at the next oil change to try and get more out. I really don't think something like Seafoam that you suck into the manifold is going to melt sludge this bad, but maybe I'm wrong...

If you are thinking about doing this, you better know what you are doing so you don't destroy your engine.

2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. corkey

corkey Moderator Emeritus Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Elite Canuck,multiple ifs offender,, and musky maniac,, i wheel and i fish,,
    99 xls,96 xl,91,08 Ranger
    some methanol injections and diesel injection systems use water injection to clean the cylinders,, it works,,

take off the inlet tube,, rev it up, spray some water in with a windex bottle with the pump sprayer, i do it, just don't use too much,

4. ponkotsu

ponkotsu Active Member

City, State:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    2005 Lincoln Aviator
    Never tried it before but heard that it can be effective. Hard to imagine water removing the crap I took out though.

5. corkey

corkey Moderator Emeritus Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Elite Canuck,multiple ifs offender,, and musky maniac,, i wheel and i fish,,
    99 xls,96 xl,91,08 Ranger
    it makes it into steam, an excellent cleaner,,