comp cam 422 help. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

comp cam 422 help.

killswitch

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 ford ranger xl
Well as I'm sure a lot of people in the past have asked about 422s an 410s in a 4.0. I'm going with a 422 I have it an all the supporting parts except a tune an by the looks of it people have said don't need the tune. Along with the pushrods. I need the pushrod length (with stock rockers!) It's the only component I need. I asked a guy on here that had it in his 4.0, he doesn't remember so he pointed me to a guy who I can't get ahold of. Anyone know the pushrod length off hand or where I can get a pushrod measurement tool short enough to measure it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you shaved your heads any? If not, go with 5.550 length on the 422.

Tuning is suggested with the 422 and an auto trans. If nothing else, to increase idle a few hundred rpm.

Have you shaved your heads any? If not, go with 5.550 length on the 422.

Tuning is suggested with the 422 and an auto trans. If nothing else, to increase idle a few hundred rpm.

No I don't believe they are shaved. I'm just gonna go with 5.550 see how they fit an go from there.
thanks a lot man

No problem. A bunch of us have based our push rod length off of that number on the 422 (and not had excessive valve train noise), so I'm 99.9% certain that this is going to work for you.

awesome man. much appreciated bout time i get this mutt back on the road, any idea where to get some?

Back