• Register Today It's free!

cone air filter messed up...

skoobydoobiedew

Reaction score
City, State
St. Paul, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 EB
Okay... I bought this *bomz racing* filter and adapter off of ebay... and when i installed it my truck ran really rough. I checked all of my sensors and they are fine.. i just cant get my computer to adapt to the new changes... i reset it.. no luck.. took off neg. battery cable.. no luck.. i tried it all.. so if any one has any thoughts i would LOVe to hear!!! thanks all!!!!

-joey

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am assuming it is like a KKM unit. What did you do with the vacuum hoses that attached to the bi-metal sensor on top of the Stock airbox? The hose running to the intake manifold must be capped off to prevent a vacuum leak.

i too had this same problem when I made my own adapter. DeRocha, I dont see any vacuum hose that went to the air box anywhere. Anyone care to chime in with some pictures or something

I do believe those hoses are only for first gens.

I noticed those vacuum lines too, (1994 xlt) when i removed the bimetal sensor from the stock air box I just put it back and attatched the lines again.. i thought maybe i had them crossed.. so i switched them.. still no luck.. ive heard that the tube between the maf and the throttle body, if cracked, can pull more air in with a better filter that the maf cant detect (after the sensor) i found a few small holes.. and patched those up with goop.. i cleaned my maf sensor and my iat sensor.. i guess im just running out of ideas. for now i have my stock air box until i figure this thing out.. thanks for all of your input!!! any more would be greatly appreciated!!!! thanks!!!!

-joey

My 99 did not have that vacuum line on the stock airbox. However by the sounds of things vacuum leaks are ther first thing I would check for. The propane torch method (UNLIT) will work well to exam all those connections and help find the culprit.

Back