Console Armrest Question 94 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Console Armrest Question 94 Explorer

JUNO

Reaction score
City, State
Currently on the Illinois-Wisconsin State Line
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer XLT 4x4
Thanks to other threads I got my console removed. Then I was left with the front console mount, and at the rear mount. HOW do I remove the rear mount from the floor? The one under the armrest, I removed the two nuts on the studs but it's not free. are there more bolts/screws/nuts further forward under the carpeting, or what am I missing?

Thanks for any assistance.

Last night I came across a console being sold on eBay, and it included a picture of the mounts as well. I could tell by the picture that rear mount has 4 points it's mounted to the floo and the front mount only has 2. Yesterday I couldn't budge the carpet to look under the area at the front of the rear mount and I couldn't feel any nuts through the carpeting, but the picture shows there should be two more nuts there. evidently buried under the carpet. So I tried working the carpet again to see if I could get a better look today and moved it just enough to see part of a nut there. So using s short extension I finally got a socket into position over the nut and finally got it removed as well as the other nut I hadn't been able to see. Rear mount is now removed.

Back