Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Continuing phone call after arriving at destination.

Discussion in 'Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion' started by Lucille, July 26, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Lucille

Lucille Active Member

City, State:
      NJ
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      Explorer XLT '11
      I thought I read somewhere that if I am having a conversation on my cell phone using the car's bluetooth, I can continue the conversation after arriving at my destination simply by turning off the car and using my handheld cell phone.

This does not seem to be working for me, so I find myself either ending the call & calling the person back, or sitting in my car after I've arrived to continue talking.

Is there something else you need to do?

Edited to add: I'm using an older LG Chocolate (which otherwise is syncing beautifully w/my car)

Last edited: July 26, 2011
    2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. RandyH2

RandyH2 Active Member

City, State:
      MI
      '11 Limited AWD
      The iPhone has an option on the iPhone screen to select how to handle the call - iPhone, Whatever your car is called, Speaker (?). My guess is that you need to manually transfer the call to your handset. Anyone know if this is supposed to happen automatically?

4. chris_183

chris_183 New Member

City, State:
      Atlanta, GA
      2011 XLT
      I have an iPhone and it happens automatically. As soon as I open the door the call is active on my handset. Same thing going in the car. As soon as I start the car it automatically transfers from the handset to the car bluetooth.

Depending on what kind of phone you have it may be a phone issue. Good luck!

5. FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam Official Ford Rep

City, State:
      Dearborn, MI
      Ford Explorer
      Your call should automatically transfer to your phone once you turn your vehicle off and open the driver side door. If you don't open the door, it will continue to go through SYNC until the allotted time is up and your system fully turns off. You can also turn on Privacy Mode before you turn your vehicle off and it should transfer the call to your phone.

Rebecca

6. Lucille

Lucille Active Member

City, State:
      NJ
      Explorer XLT '11
      OK, thank you. I'll try it again.