Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Cost to reset a PATS p1260 vehicle theft code?

Discussion in 'Stock 2006 -2010 Explorers' started by zerodevil, March 20, 2019.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. zerodevil

zerodevil Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Anchorage, AK
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2008 White Limited V8
    Hey guys, my wife and I inherited a 2007 explorer from my father when he passed this last October. It was a daily driven truck, has 78,000 miles, and is in excellent condition, inside and out. Unfortunately it has sat all winter in the driveway, with a dead battery(after market autostart system kills it in about two weeks if not driven). Today we set about starting her and getting her road worthy, and discovered that after charging the battery for 24hrs (12.7 volts on the posts) there was a no start no crank condition. I plugged in my odb2 scanner and got a P1260 - vehicle theft, vehicle immobilized code. I suspect that the vehicle was with out power for too long, and the stored key information was lost. As stated the vehicle was in excellent running order when parked, zero issues. Is this something a dealer will need to do? Can a locksmith reprogram my existing keys into the PATS syste? Anyone have any experience with this one? What did it cost?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. zerodevil

zerodevil Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Anchorage, AK
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2008 White Limited V8
    Just an update, There was ZERO cost for me for this issue. I realized my father had an autostart installed in the vehicle, unplugged the autostart, and boom back in service. I will schedule a service at the place it was installed at a later day to get that issue sorted out.