• Register Today It's free!

couple of questions

Mrooney322

Reaction score
City, State
White plains
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006ford explorer
hey everyone just a few questions to pick your brain with.

first, i ordered ranchos quicklifts for my 04 explorer but im waiting on brandons UCAs. im doing the rear brakes this weekend and im wondering what everyones thoughts are if i install the quicklifts in the rear while waiting for the UCAs for the front. seeing that i have a strut spacer i cannot install the quicklifts without the new arms, or can i?

secondly i believe that my transfer case isnt shifting in and out of 4wd properly, ive looked into how the 4wd was controlled and i have an ABS light on for speed sensors that i believe is disabling any 4wd engagement in the auto selection. i did do the BWM so that i could get 2 hi and low. my problem is that when driving in auto or any 2wd with the BWM my truck shakes pretty bad, it feels rotational, almost like somethings bent but im not really sure where to look. when i put the truck into 4hi with 4wd the shaking is almost non existent.

any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like the 4x is trying to engage.

thats what i am hoping and not something more serious but how would i go about fixing this problem if it is the 4x4 trying to engage?

Well, a bad front wheel bearing, or bad ABS sensor can cause the 4x to engage.

i pulled out fuses 17 and 18 to completely disable the 4x4 and its still shaking.

oddly enough it drives better in 4hi with the fuses put back in, if i could just leave it in 4hi id be fine LOL but thats not a good idea

Back