Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Couple things with subs...

Discussion in 'Explorer Audio & Navigation' started by Capman2k, September 27, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Capman2k

Capman2k Active Member

City, State:
      Cheyenne, Wyoming
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      00 Ranger XLT
      I still almost have my X. Yesterday I was looking at the space under the seat.

I have two 12" subwoofers that I would like to use and have a box made to run them under the back seat. Is this possible with the room under there or will I have to downgrade to 10" subs? I located two 10" subs in a box that would fit nicely under the back seat, but what I'm worried about is the quality. I like the power of just the one 12 I had running in my Scout, and would like to have at LEAST that, or even better, the power of BOTH 12's :)

What would you guys reccomend? I don't think I've ever heard a pair of 10's in action, so I don't know if they're any good... I guess since they're only $35 I can just get them and try them out... and if I don't like em I know someone who will buy them from me...

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. WoodysX

WoodysX Active Member

City, State:
      Ashburn Virginia
      91 EB & Q
      If you do put your subs under the rear seats, when folded you will crush the subs. It would be wiser if you got an ok pair of subs and and a nice $100 amp and a cheap but ok wiring kit at walmart for about 15. Overall you will be more pleased with the sound. Total cost of it all should run you $200

4. Kevex

Kevex Active Member

City, State:
      edgewater park,nj
      99 XLT
      a pair of decent 10s would sound decent with a nice amp but like WOODYSX said when you fold your seat down you'll crush your speakers or you won't be able to fold the seats down with 10s you could use a smaller box behind the seat but will you crave for more after a while and want 12s?