1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Craziest thing you did to get someone a gift this holliday?

Discussion in 'Exploring everything under the sun!!' started by TheRookie, December 24, 2004.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. TheRookie

TheRookie Traveling SAS guru

City, State:
      West Chester PA
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      91 explorer xlt
      Well I am curious to see what extent some of you may have gone to in order to get a gift for someone. I just got back from 11 hours driving in one day to get my GF her new computer. Long story short it didnt get sent out in time so I went and got it. NO WAY am I not having her gift here for Xmas

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Crankcase

Crankcase Moderator Emeritus Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Vancouver B.C, Canada
      1992 XL Ex-Police
      Drove through the Mall parking lot!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :confused: :roll:

4. SVO

SVO Moderator Emeritus/Doctor Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Bastrop/Austin, Tx
      Turbocharged Navajo LX

HAHAHAHA! that's a good one!

5. maresca

maresca Active Member

City, State:
      Voorhees, NJ
      '96 Sport
      sold my left testicle

6. X~FACTOR

X~FACTOR Name is Ray

City, State:
      Valley Stream, Long Island
      '97 XLT 4-dr SOHC
      Next time around you might consider FedEx Overnight Service. Sure beats driving 11 hours.

Personally, I'm an early shopper so I never had that problem. I even take my time when driving through the Mall parking lot. ;)

7. Critical_Level2

Critical_Level2 Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Ridley Park, PA
      1999 XLS R.I.P.
      I almost ran over some lady. I got to the mall and found a car pulling out in the second spot from the front (closest to the doors), so I put on my turn signal and wait for them to pull out. They pull out and I began to pull in and out of nowhere this lady is standing in the spot. She says that she is saving the spot and her friend, who just pulled out said she could have it. I yelled back I don't care and either move or get run over. She was very stubborn and then her husband pulled up and started honking for me to get out of the way. At this point my firend had already jumped ship, I don't know where he went, but a few minutes after he left mall security came. The security guard told the lady she could not save spots, or peopel will probably run her over. After she fopught with him for 10 minutes , he told her to move or he would have her arrested. When she finally moved, he motioned me to pull the rest of the way in the spot. The funniest part was, he told me that if I had run her over, I wouldn't have got in trouble, just say I didn't see her.

8. TheRookie

TheRookie Traveling SAS guru

City, State:
      West Chester PA
      91 explorer xlt
      Yeah I wanted to do fedex but sadly i had been on my friend to send out the gift for WEEKS and he hadnt. obviously i couldnt count on him.
      about the parking spot. I would have just kept creeping forward slowly. whats she going to do lay under a tire? come on call the bluff

9. LOGJOCKY

LOGJOCKY Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Leduc, Alberta
      1994 EXPLORER XLT
      i woulda run her over..good thing i live in a smaller place and it never gets that busy here, but i had a few people steal my spots at superstore...i had my signal on and as soon as the car left and i went to turn in some small car comes flying into the spot. if i wasnt all nice and calm in my life now i think id have gotten out and beat him with my tire iron

10. Flounder

Flounder Owns 10,000 Marbles Elite Explorer Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Pennsylvania
      '08 Sport Trac Adrenalin
      For as cheery as Christmas can be, it seems anywhere within one mile of a mall it's anyone's game.

I was driving around our mall's lots and this woman nearly broadsided the Trac. I didn't beep, but I did slam on the brakes. She stopped and I continued, but then she pulled out in front of the car that was behind me, he slammed on the brakes and honked, before she jetted down another aisle. I'm not sure if it's the holiday spirit or what, but something takes driving skill away from folks this time of the year. ... unless it was because she was a woman in an SUV... :)

Other than that, shopping hasn't been bad. A few calls here, a few stops there. I was lucky - while I was away at college, I had mumsy pick up some things I knew I'd get as gifts.

Have a jolly Christmas, everyone!