Crozet, VA 10th anniversary run chat thread | Page 33 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Crozet, VA 10th anniversary run chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah i've got some tarps too, and i'll bring this one to throw over while i'm parked, but i'm just concerned about the trip down, getting it wet inside while i'm pulling it behind my truck. It is up in the air i guess since it's up on the trailer and i do have a windshield.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Blee1099 said:
Anyone from VA Beach area willing to pickup some parts from BoominXplorer? maybe Josh? :D
What do you need?

my rig is back together, so now I just need to decide whether to trek out there or pursue other weekend plans. if I don't show up, assume I decided not to come!

Josh said:
What do you need?

His 4x4 front spindles and his torsion bars and related items for em.. I have a tendency to lose torsion bar skid plates when I go wheeling... I've peeled two right off the frame mounts wheeling and broken a torsion bar standing still.

JoshC said:
Yeah i've got some tarps too, and i'll bring this one to throw over while i'm parked, but i'm just concerned about the trip down, getting it wet inside while i'm pulling it behind my truck. It is up in the air i guess since it's up on the trailer and i do have a windshield.

Bah cover the seats with a trash bag or tarp, tape it securely, then tarp the roof.. If all else fails, just lay it upside down.. :D

I don't mind but I need to meet up with him in the morning or something. I plan to leave around noon time

well josh if you would like to look for that hub i would appriciate it i think i will be leaving friday night and going to meet up with you at 8 a tthe meeting but i need some directions pm me and whats your phone # and if you look for that hub i have a 2001 sport 4x4 my thing by my name is wrong

goatja said:
well josh if you would like to look for that hub i would appriciate it i think i will be leaving friday night and going to meet up with you at 8 a tthe meeting but i need some directions pm me and whats your phone # and if you look for that hub i have a 2001 sport 4x4 my thing by my name is wrong
Sorry man I won't have time tomorrow because of all the running around I still have to do. I think Blee will have a spare hub though. Are you still riding with me or are you driving? The place where I go for parts usualy only has 1st gens. Once in a while there will be a 2nd gen but it is rare. Sorry.

Good luck to everyone.:chug: I hope your run goes well. Can't wait to see the pics and hear how it all went. :thumbsup:

goatja said:
Sorry forgot about the directions. If you are looking to go to the camp ground then try the link below and it shoud have a balloon to insert your address unless you are looking for another place? Just click on the to here link in the bubble.

Get directions

Blee1099 I have a tendency to lose torsion bar skid plates when I go wheeling... I've peeled two right off the frame mounts wheeling and broken a torsion bar standing still.[/QUOTE said:
Ben does like to break things. That torsion bar was funny. I still cant comprehend why you need a damn 2 jaw puller to change them though. Just pray your damn trans holds up.

So What time is our drivers meeting and where?

Chris posted a couple pages back and it sounds like he is expecting us at the park at 9. I know we had talked about 9 at Misty mountain. Either or is good with me.

Ok, it's close enough now that I can say that I won't make it and not worry about causing a snowball effect (for some reason when 1-2 people say they can't go it makes a whole bunch of them drop out... never been able to figure it out :p). I can't make this one guys, I'm sorry. Funds are just too tight with lawyer's and apppraisal fees to sell my house, plus I'm paying for all my late mother's bills. There's just no way I can cough up the $$ for gas to get down there, even if I borrowed Numi's super thrifty diesel Jetta. Plus Jack's tires are totally shot and Shelby's tranny is still an inch from death, so I haven't got an Explorer that would make the trip anyway. Bummer, I really wanted to see JoshC again and meet the rest of you, too :( Take lots of pictures- I'll be with you guys in spirit!!!!!

I might not be wheeling my rig depending on how the tranny acts. It acts fine on the road but on the trails that might be another issue.

Hey I replied back to Boomin about your parts and he has not gotten back to me. I am leaving here in a few minutes. Sorry

I'm heading out in a within a few hours. I hope everybody is gonna be on channel one. It's allways good to hear friendly voices late at night on the road. See you guys in a few hours!

Well right now I'm still at home since I can't my t-case in.. So right now I'm stuck at home waiting for someone to come out and help me.

well i finally got the truck packed and got home to decide not to go, the wife decided to suprise me by buying me a dirtbike , so im 10x more excited about that than going wheeling in my truck, sorry guys, and im not lying about the truck being packed, ive been busting my butt all week to make this trip happen to, we may come down tomarrow morning if its raining and i wont beable to play with my bike. also are you guys wheeling on sunday? cause i do still want to go

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am Misty Mountain cabin #5 with JoshC, Josh Adams, Monmix, GASouthern, etc.. I'm without my truck. After getting the t-case in I noticed the driveshaft for the front was too long. Not to mention wheeling the rig with no overdrive or 2nd would have put the nail in the coffin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back