Cruise Control and Hesitation Problem 03 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cruise Control and Hesitation Problem 03 Explorer

nnredman

Reaction score
City, State
Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
03' explorer limited v8
I have and 03' Ford Explorer Limited with a 4.6 V8 with 196,000 miles on it I just did an engine swap about a month ago and it was a huge headache but now I've had my explorer back for a week and this morning I noticed that my cruise control doesn't work anymore, the light on my dash lights up saying that cruise control is on but it really isn't, is this something that the shop I brought it to to do the engine exchange could have messed up or is there something easy I could do to check out why this would be happening all of the sudden?

Also ever since I have owned my explorer which has only been about 3 years now, sometimes when I accelerate there is a long hesitation before my truck decides it wants to shift into the next gear allowing me to speed up any ideas of why it may be doing that?

One last question occasionally (at least 5 times a day) when my truck shifts into the next gear there is like a fluttering in the transmission its like if you were to drive on one of those bumpy strips on the side of the expressway. The trans was rebuilt at 90,000 miles does it sound like it needs to possibly needs to be rebuilt again or is this something else I may be feeling? Also every now and then when I get on it kind of hard the traction control gets stuck on and it starts flashing and slowing me down until I let off the accelerator and turn traction control off manually and even then sometimes the light stays on until I turn my truck off and restart it.

Any advice anyone may have for me would be tremendously helpful.

Thank you in advance!

Back