How to: - Custom Center Console Gauge and Switch Pod | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: Custom Center Console Gauge and Switch Pod

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
Droolez.....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Now where was the carpet covered board located?

ok, Im thinking about how I want to do it, but I use my trunk a lot...

I cant get that piece out, It feels like its going to break. Where are the clips & is there a way to take out the whole center console?

How do I take out the center console cause it feels like its gon break when I try to get it out.

That is one beautiful build! Waaay more overkill than what I'd ever need.

Good god, that is one of the coolest things I have ever seen in a vehicle. Nice work!

Beautimous.

Looks Awesome!!!

wat is that knob for?

I would assume the knob is for the remote bass knob.

And, this is an excellent job done. I love working with fiberglass, and this is beautiful. I wish I could justify the cost of the switches and gauges. But, over $100 for each of those gauges is crazy.

Gives me the idea to take out the black rubber cut a hole and glue in one of those ipod docks. Then you could dock you ipod humm.

For the OP -
Just joined the site, and perusing stuff because I want to customize the center console for a LCD screen (backup camera, maybe a DVD player) and saw this build. Fantastic work, great craftmanship, and attention to detail.

Not sure if I can rate it, but if so, I'll give it top marks.

Could you post more pictures of your explorer? Awesome job by the way.

wuao, too good that work, are ingenious in the electronics ...

Great post, I used this spot for switches and a stealth V1 radar install in my 04 mounty. I have the remote audio and display in the console and the V1 is suspended from the rear header in the pic. I sueded my headliner at the same time and added a monitor at the rear of the console.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I traded in my explorer and looking to unload the gauge pod.
f4c50205-ad80-4937-9f86-5e1acdef4a90_zps5jt2u46d.jpg
IMG_6917_zpsagirxa03.jpg
IMG_6917_zpsagirxa03.jpg

f4c50205-ad80-4937-9f86-5e1acdef4a90_zps5jt2u46d.jpg

Back