Custom Front Bumper | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

cab592

Reaction score
City, State
Starkville MS
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Explorer Sport
I got into a fender bender with my '96 Explorer Sport a few months back. I was just going to buy a stock bumper to replace the one I damaged, until I saw the price of a new one. I have always liked the look of a ranch hand bumper, but they don't offer one for an Explorer. I found this online and I was wondering if anyone has any tips or measurements since my stock bumper is all bent up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can't see the pic, but I'm thinking of building one myself. Mine is bent up as well but from snagging a tree wheeling in the woods up north lol.

I can build you a prerunner style tube bumper.

Do they make ANY aftermarket off-road type off the shelf bumpers for the 2nd gen? I also need a new front bumper but spending 300$ on a used one, or $150 plus paint for a new one is not something I'm looking to do.

I suppose this one won't do.

This is mine:

20140523_082440_zps58949b43.jpg

Sorry for the ****ty pic, I just now leaned out the window and took it with my camera.

I have the RLC bumper and it's great, you can also get then to build the bumper how you would like it

Back