Custom gauge faces that you can make out of paper | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Custom gauge faces that you can make out of paper

Yeah, I've been meaning to play with it more, too. All I can say for sure, is don't use paper:)

I've got scans of second gen, but can't help with first gen.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah, I've been meaning to play with it more, too. All I can say for sure, is don't use paper:)

If I can get it working, it will be easy to do any year :)

Custom Guages

This sounds like the coolest thing in the world! Buuuut the original link is not working, anyone know how to get to this site?

pboss, have you got the first gen yet?

I have not. I just haven't had the time to tear into mine yet.

This isn't a "done" deal yet :) I'll post when I have anything further.

And again, if anyone has this scanned already :) let me know ...

Thanks for your link. Sign in it now.

would anyone have a template; dxf, image, psd etc, of the outer trim... versus the gauge background... I wan to cnc cut a polished stainless pc to go around the gauges over the black segmented parts with a hole for the trip reset button..??

hey whats the web site for the guages i clicked the link but it wasnt found

could you send the 2ed gen copys to me i think i can do it
ttavenieriii@aol.com

hey if anybody is interested in a custom console for a second gen please let me know. i have extensive knowledge in photoshop and will be running to the junkyard this weekend and i will grab one if you want it. Let me know what design you want and I will send it to you.

I will be posting my template for a first gen within the next few weeks.

PM me

What do you print them on if not paper? Also, I have a 2nd gen I'd like to do the gauge cluster and A/C controls both front and rear.

Read through most of the posts and can't find a link that works, really interested in reading up on making my own custom gauges! I have a 2003 Explorer sport, anyone got templates? Thanks!

this sounds quite interesting, but there are no pix at all on here of finished products :(

here's my Gen I gages I made in CAD
I printed them on high end photo paper with kodak ink
I used 3m spray adhesive to adhere them to my factory faceplates
The factory faceplates were also sanded down flat and painted white so no black edges would be visible

This is a 88 BII:

2893gages.jpg

2893gagefaces.jpg

here's my Gen I gages I made in CAD
I printed them on high end photo paper with kodak ink
I used 3m spray adhesive to adhere them to my factory faceplates
The factory faceplates were also sanded down flat and painted white so no black edges would be visible

This is a 88 BII:

2893gages.jpg

2893gagefaces.jpg

Nice Jaime :thumbsup:

That is a budget mod just about anyone can do if they are bored and want to show their truck a little love-
And that would put it on the top 10 list of " budget mods" for sure.

Yup! Next I am ripping them out and installing electric aftermarket gages to work with my 97.5 computer! LOL
I made 3 sets of these stickers before I got it right....in the winter they would peel up, the 3m adhesive was needed to fix that

thank you!

too bad with my V8 now my tach is WAY off and my 300K mile speedometer and odometer bounce.....its worn the heck out!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

oh them BIIs just keep on going! I too have an 88, 260,000ish on the 2.9. Just getting to be a bit much work for the DD so now I'm sad to say I'm gonna have to sell her or I would have done this mod for sure. In the Explorer now. The BII IS the damn best off roader!

Back