• Register Today It's free!

custom tire swing outs

renegade1

Reaction score
City, State
Peachtree City Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 explorer sport
one project for the new year will be a custom swing out (mounted on my stock bumper) to keep my spare, highlift, etc. on. doing a little research i found this site offering just hinges, or kits with hinges and latches, for those of use wanting to make our own instead of buying the full swing out.
next paycheck ill most likely be ordering the hinge.

enjoy

http://www.emsoffroad.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=78

Nice project :thumbsup:

I was going to wait until doing front and rear tube bumpers (who knows when...), but I'd love to see what you can do using the stock bumper.

Do you plan to make it easily removable? Since my Ex is a daily driver, I'd rather leave the swing out off until hitting the trails.

i already keep the highlift on the truck, and ill probly just leave the swing out on the truck. i mean the hinge has a bolt so i technically could remove it but other than losing a little visibility it shouldnt hurt leaving it on full time. but if your wanting one for trail use only you could look into the reciever mount tire carriers?

I've been thinking of doing this very same thing on my X, just for a custom dual exhaust muffler clearance in the rear where the spare mounts. There is really no room on the underbody for a pair of 'true' duals!:salute:

Back