1. Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Dismiss Notice

Dana 44 or 60?

Discussion in 'Modified 1995-2001 Explorers' started by Explorer Junky, January 9, 2016.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. Explorer Junky

Explorer Junky Active Member

City, State:
    Grand Rapids, Mi
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1997 XLT 4 dr 5.0
    Is there any reason I cant use a Jeep Rubicon axle for a SAS? You can get them complete from a local junk yard for 800-1000 bucks. Any thoughts?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. 2TimingTom

2TimingTom Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Littleton, Colorado
    '97 XLT
    The JK D44 is basically a D30 as far as strength goes. Just about everyone I know with a JK Rubicon has sleeved their axle tubes to keep them from bending. And the C's still haven't been addressed.

But the D44 should work just fine. And I think there are some guys doing D60 swaps too.

4. Explorer Junky

Explorer Junky Active Member

City, State:
    Grand Rapids, Mi
    1997 XLT 4 dr 5.0
    Thanks for the response. I really am not planning on HARD CORE off roading. Mostly for deer hunting purposes and some of those roads get pretty hairy. Also, I am tired of replacing CV axle and wheel hubs and stabalizer links. Not much travel in IFS.