Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Dasfinc's Old, New, Used truck

Discussion in 'Exploring everything under the sun!!' started by dasfinc, July 20, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. dasfinc

dasfinc Active Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1999 SOHC Exploder
      I know noone will really care since this isn't some bad ass new car, or high-horsepower monster, or project, or classic etc... but its something unique with a little back story.

Purchased this back in 2009 for winter off its original owners who had just moved up from Florida. Gave it a tune up, and drove it through winter. Sold it May of 2010 to a personal friend who then put some money into it (New tires/suspension/brakes all around) and then the transmission decided it was done with 1st and 2nd gear last winter (Jan). Just bought it back off him recently (Been sitting since Jan), and had Atomic Transmissions (In Lombard or Villa Park, Western Chicagoland Suburbs in IL) repair it and finally snapped a couple of pics:

For those interested, Atomic did a FANTASTIC job... it took 2 weeks, which was excessive (Granted they were very busy and lost power for a day over the course of these 2 weeks), but they only charged me about $375 in labor (removed the transmission, replaced the 1-2 shift fork, machined the flywheel, installed a new clutch/PP I provided, reinstalled)

Onto specs/pics 1997 Ford Explorer Sport 2wd, 5 speed, 4.0 OHV, 124K on the clock, 3.73 open rear end:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Sams01XplrSprt

Sams01XplrSprt Southern Cali Explorer

City, State:
      Newport Beach California & Bay Area California
      2001 Sport (sold)
      nice sport u got there

4. GRNMACHINE

GRNMACHINE Well-Known Member

City, State:
      IL
      95 Sport 4x4
      Man, that sounds inexpensive. I see the front bumper was painted white. Nice story. Gotta keep those Sports going, especially after so many of them were "recycled"...