Dealer not dealing ... | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dealer not dealing ...

And no they may not offer all incentives on every calendar year. They're called incentives in order to get you to purchase a vehicle. If sales figures or needs to clear the pipeline do not dictate that they need to offer them in order to meet forecasts, they will not.

It always makes me laugh when people are pissed that they cannot get every incentive and rebate for a first run of a new model year vs. a get-rid-of-them previous year. I mean come on- think about it a little. Is Ford maybe offering a certain incentive to get rid of a 2012? Why would they offer you the same $$ to order a new 2013 when they want to use the $$ to get rid of a 2012 on the lot?

Yep I totally get that. What I was really wondering is if and perhaps when, historically they might start putting incentives back on the table for newest models.

Someone like me, who basically has a 3 month window to buy (now until end of May), am I better off trying to get better deal on 2012, or just get new 2013. I think since I'm leasing, a 2012 would be better if I can get better deal. I am getting a Limited with 302, and I think only difference is the lane system (forget exactly what its called). But the 2013 optioned out appear to be about $1200 more as well. But Ford has yet to put leasing rates for 2013 models on the site either, so I don't even know what we'd be looking at for that either vs. 2012.

So I'm basically thinking of forging ahead on a 2012, if I can find one thats a later build that has some of the TSB issues presumable rectified. Although dealer assures me he would perform TSBs on A pillar and any software update prior to delivery.

Grrrr.... decisions decisions!

Back