Debut of 2016 Explorer | Page 18 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Debut of 2016 Explorer

Muticontour is the correct name for the massaging seats. They have been available on the Taurus for 2 or 3 years. They are standard on the Explorer Platinum.
And optional on the Limited.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ford.ca only tells you following about seats:

Platinum: Nirvana Leather with micro-perforation and quilted inserts, 1st row "Platinum" embroidery and Multi-contour driver and passenger seats

Limited: Stylish, perforated leather-trimmed, climate-controlled front bucket seats deliver four-season comfort for you and your front seat passenger. These seats feature 10-way heated power seats with power lumbar and recline. The driver’s seat has a standard memory feature with individual settings for two drivers. Standard in Limited and Platinum are heated 2nd-row seats.

Sport: Unique sport-styled perforated leather-trimmed, heated front bucket seats are standard on the Sport model and available with ebony black with red accent stitching inserts and contrast stitching. The 10-way power driver’s seat with power lumbar support and recline can be adjusted to fit your personal taste. The passenger seat also adjusts 10 ways with power recline and lumbar support. A 2nd-row 60/40 split-fold-flat bench seat and powerful 3rd-row 50/50 split-folding seat are also included.

Ford.ca only tells you following about seats:

Platinum: Nirvana Leather with micro-perforation and quilted inserts, 1st row "Platinum" embroidery and Multi-contour driver and passenger seats

Limited: Stylish, perforated leather-trimmed, climate-controlled front bucket seats deliver four-season comfort for you and your front seat passenger. These seats feature 10-way heated power seats with power lumbar and recline. The driver’s seat has a standard memory feature with individual settings for two drivers. Standard in Limited and Platinum are heated 2nd-row seats.

Sport: Unique sport-styled perforated leather-trimmed, heated front bucket seats are standard on the Sport model and available with ebony black with red accent stitching inserts and contrast stitching. The 10-way power driver’s seat with power lumbar support and recline can be adjusted to fit your personal taste. The passenger seat also adjusts 10 ways with power recline and lumbar support. A 2nd-row 60/40 split-fold-flat bench seat and powerful 3rd-row 50/50 split-folding seat are also included.
It is available here on the Limited and Platinum. It is standard on the Platinum and an option on the Limited in the 301A package. Shown as Multi-contour front seats. Not available on the Sport.

Peter

2016 Explorer sales up 24% in May

Base, Limited, XLT, and Sport models of the redesigned 2016 Ford Explorer sold in numbers a stunning 24 percent more in May than the same month last year. In fact, says Ford Motor Company, that’s the nameplate’s best May retail since 2004.
Note that the Platinum is not mentioned.

Read more: http://motrolix.com/2015/06/the-new...-at-the-chicago-assembly-plant/#ixzz3dKLX8UKh

Peter

Platinum expected to launch late this summer. Sounds like easily 3 months until they start showing up. I'm starting to get a little impatient now and thinking more about the Expedition. Got to be pretty close to end of model year and have some decent incentives on them.

I saw new Ex Sport at my dealer yesterday, unfortunatelly there were no any reps quickly available to ask for the key and I had no time to wait. What I noticed though is that low LED beam on Ex is reflector type (like taillights on new Edge) and not projector type like on new Edge. What I found yesteday as well that new F-150 Platinum has quad LED headlights!

Base, Limited, XLT, and Sport models of the redesigned 2016 Ford Explorer sold in numbers a stunning 24 percent more in May than the same month last year.

Lack of Sync 3 sure did hurt sales [/SNARK]

I finally got to see a base model today. It was Ingot Silver and I do like the look better than the 15. Not so sure about the interior, at least on that model. It was kind of bright tan cloth with black trim. There are a lot more soft surfaces though. It was out on the dealers back lot. I started it up and put the A/C on.
The reason I really went was to try out an Expedition because I'm getting discouraged by the long wait for the Explorer Platinum. I tried out a Limited 2 wheel drive and was surprised by the amount of power it has. I felt right at home in it and it feels almost like being in my current truck with back seats. Too late to order a 15, so when my salesman looked up what new features the 16 will have and it listed Sync 3, I ordered one. Will likely be beginning of September, so again I wait.

I finally got to see a base model today. It was Ingot Silver and I do like the look better than the 15. Not so sure about the interior, at least on that model. It was kind of bright tan cloth with black trim. There are a lot more soft surfaces though. It was out on the dealers back lot. I started it up and put the A/C on.
The reason I really went was to try out an Expedition because I'm getting discouraged by the long wait for the Explorer Platinum. I tried out a Limited 2 wheel drive and was surprised by the amount of power it has. I felt right at home in it and it feels almost like being in my current truck with back seats. Too late to order a 15, so when my salesman looked up what new features the 16 will have and it listed Sync 3, I ordered one. Will likely be beginning of September, so again I wait.
I'm pretty sure Sync 3 won't be in it. All reports I've seen say it won't be out in the Explorer until 2017.

Peter

I'm pretty sure Sync 3 won't be in it. All reports I've seen say it won't be out in the Explorer until 2017.

Peter

I changed my order to a 16 Expedition. It lists Sync 3 and 1 touch operation for 3rd row seats as new features. After actually driving the Expedition then finding out I have to order a 16 and it will have Sync 3 while the Explorer probably won't, I cancelled the Explorer order. I'll probably hate myself when I see how nice the Explorer will be when it eventually arrives, but it won't be the first time.

I changed my order to a 16 Expedition. It lists Sync 3 and 1 touch operation for 3rd row seats as new features. After actually driving the Expedition then finding out I have to order a 16 and it will have Sync 3 while the Explorer probably won't, I cancelled the Explorer order. I'll probably hate myself when I see how nice the Explorer will be when it eventually arrives, but it won't be the first time.
Yes, the Expedition is on the 2016 schedule for Sync 3. I believe it also quite a bit larger than the Explorer. 22" longer is quite a length. I'd have to clear out the other side of my garage for one of those.:D

Peter

Yes, the Expedition is on the 2016 schedule for Sync 3. I believe it also quite a bit larger than the Explorer. 22" longer is quite a length. I'd have to clear out the other side of my garage for one of those.:D

Peter

I'm not going to buy anything new from Ford even though I like it until new transmission arrives...

I saw this tire (the Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2) on two different 2016 Explorer Sports.

The Ventus S1 noble2 that is on the 2016 Platinum on the other hand ranked #1 in its category getting "Superior" ratings in 7 categories, "Excellent" in 3, including light snow traction and "Good" in deep snow and ice traction. I don't know if that tire will only be on the Platinum model or not.

Very, very nice looking Limited. What do you think of that I4 engine?

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back