Debut of 2016 Explorer | Page 21 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Debut of 2016 Explorer

Here is the pictures of new Edge to support my previous post 317 (http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3427653&postcount=317)
This alignment is just awful!
Ford%20Edge_zpsj6hyablc.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Damnnnnnnn... Where is Ford quality control......

Based on the stickers, was this a production unit or a test unit? I agree that Edge tailgate is really off in this shot.

Regarding the rear wiper location as mentioned on previous page, living in the desert I often walk past the rear wiper (on both of my vehicles) and just lift/tap it a couple times to reduce the dirt/dust/sand build up. Higher up would still get some build up but probably lesser than current location.

Based on the stickers, was this a production unit or a test unit? I agree that Edge tailgate is really off in this shot.

Well, I've seen it in the beginning of June this year, but no idea if this test unit or not, though I doubt it to be test one considering sales have already started

Well, I've seen it in the beginning of June this year, but no idea if this test unit or not, though I doubt it to be test one considering sales have already started

I wonder what method they are using to fill orders? Not a single dealer in my area show any on order.

The refresh still hasn't grown on me. I think ford could have done much better.

For those wanting a black platinum, Parks Ford of Wesley Chapel, FL has one. 1-877-525-5123

For those wanting a black platinum, Parks Ford of Wesley Chapel, FL has one. 1-877-525-5123

Interesting - They have 2 Platinum's. A Caribou and Shadow Black. Both of them are stated to have ebony interior in the description. The pictures are just the standard web pics with ceramic.

They also show a white, but it won't be here till mid-October. I am about a week away from forgetting the 2016 and wait for the 2017 with gen-3 my sync and 9 speed trans. also hope gas tank is uped from 18 gal.

They are adding a 9 speed trans? are they getting rid of the twin turbo v6 for something smaller then? I hope not.

According to what I read, it will be mated to same turbo V-6.

I'm sure the 2017 model will have some nice new features but if the 2016 is just now starting to trickle out, I don't really feel like waiting a whole 'nother year for the 2017.

Does Ford ever update models mid-year? I know Dodge makes half-year changes from time to time (or they used to).

I'm sure the 2017 model will have some nice new features but if the 2016 is just now starting to trickle out, I don't really feel like waiting a whole 'nother year for the 2017.

Does Ford ever update models mid-year? I know Dodge makes half-year changes from time to time (or they used to).
Yes, Ford has been know to make some changes during the model year. They also had a 'short' model year for the 2012.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335924&highlight=short+model+year

Peter

I wonder if the Sync 3 could be purchased and replace the Sync 2 by just pulling one out and putting the other in? Pie in the sky?

I looked into the sync replacement and supposedly the hardware and software is totally different and there is no plans to make any sort of retrofit available unfourtunatly.:thumbdwn:

They want you to upgrade vehicles and spend the big bucks, what's new. If I had a newer vehicle like some of yous I would prob wait for 2017 but considering what im in now a 96 explorer lol I don't think I could wait another 9 or 10 months. Realistically MFT is a major upgrade lmao!

I looked into the sync replacement and supposedly the hardware and software is totally different and there is no plans to make any sort of retrofit available unfourtunatly.:thumbdwn:

I'm sure once wrecked vehicles with Sync 3 start going to parts yards, someone will figure out how to make this conversion and it will show up on Youtube.

Now that's a thought. Or everyone could boycott the 2016 Explorer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does it sound like I'm getting frustrated, or maybe too much time on my hands?

Back