Decided to cancel order | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Decided to cancel order

MikeFreas

Reaction score
City, State
VA Beach VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
As the title says the family has decided to cancel our order for our 12 Limited.

Back in Nov of 10 we decided to order through military car sales while I was in Japan. A small deposite was made in Dec and my order placed or so I thought. In January my orders changed and I was sent on another deployment that would end in Oct so I applied to change the delivery date. Then the quake in Japan hit and we were told we couldn't get any of the colors we wanted. Spending this much money on a car I refused to change what we wanted. My order was just placed on the 8th and I'm told I can't get the vehicle until Dec 15th meaning I have to rent a car for almost two months.

The desire and seeming need to own a new car wore off a long time ago for me mostly due to all of the issues I read with MFT and nav system. I'm simply not willing to be stuck with a car that works when it wants with what seems poor support or answers from Ford.

The fact is even putting 10k deposite down my car payment would still be over 600 a month and thats allot of dough.

Maybe I'll change my mind again.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As the title says the family has decided to cancel our order for our 12 Limited.

Back in Nov of 10 we decided to order through military car sales while I was in Japan. A small deposite was made in Dec and my order placed or so I thought. In January my orders changed and I was sent on another deployment that would end in Oct so I applied to change the delivery date. Then the quake in Japan hit and we were told we couldn't get any of the colors we wanted. Spending this much money on a car I refused to change what we wanted. My order was just placed on the 8th and I'm told I can't get the vehicle until Dec 15th meaning I have to rent a car for almost two months.

The desire and seeming need to own a new car wore off a long time ago for me mostly due to all of the issues I read with MFT and nav system. I'm simply not willing to be stuck with a car that works when it wants with what seems poor support or answers from Ford.

The fact is even putting 10k deposite down my car payment would still be over 600 a month and thats allot of dough.

Or maybe not.

Bummer, it is a great vehicle, I love my Explorer and have no problems. MFT has a learning curve and I bet most of the complaints in the JD Powers survey are from that, as for this site some have issues most do not.

Thanks for serving your country. God Bless.

2nd X said:
Bummer, it is a great vehicle, I love my Explorer and have no problems. MFT has a learning curve and I bet most of the complaints in the JD Powers survey are from that, as for this site some have issues most do not.

Thanks for serving your country. God Bless.

I agree....

I agree also. The 2011 Explorer has been amazing.

I agree also. The 2011 Explorer has been amazing.

Guys at work are calling me flip flop now as I never did cancel the order today. I'll keep a close eye on things as I have a few months before I'm home. :salute:

prom_trend_flip_flops.jpg

:D

I’m not sure if you saw my most recent PM MikeFreas, but if not, please check your inbox for the details. I’d like to do everything I can to research your order for you.

Cory

I’m not sure if you saw my most recent PM MikeFreas, but if not, please check your inbox for the details. I’d like to do everything I can to research your order for you.

Cory

Cory,

Just sent you a PM back but wanted to post this here to show that you and your team are working hard to make us happy.

On a side note I spoke again with Freedom Ford in VA and they are willing to match the military car sales price and order me my 12 as one of their dealer stock orders to get the car there for me in time. Well, as long as Ford builds it in time that is. Regardless they are working hard for me which is more than I can say for the other place. Sad to say a place that advertises a "good deal" for active duty folks on deployment isn't really.

Cory,

Just sent you a PM back but wanted to post this here to show that you and your team are working hard to make us happy.

On a side note I spoke again with Freedom Ford in VA and they are willing to match the military car sales price and order me my 12 as one of their dealer stock orders to get the car there for me in time. Well, as long as Ford builds it in time that is. Regardless they are working hard for me which is more than I can say for the other place. Sad to say a place that advertises a "good deal" for active duty folks on deployment isn't really.
I appreciate you saying that. I’m also really glad you worked that out. Please drop me a line if you’d like any help in the future or would like me to research your current order status. :)

Cory

Smart move Mike. You can buy a damned nice used car for ten grand and own it free and clear. Put your car payment money in the bank for five years, then if you really want a new car, write a check for it.

Smart move Mike. You can buy a damned nice used car for ten grand and own it free and clear. Put your car payment money in the bank for five years, then if you really want a new car, write a check for it.

Yes is would be smart to buy used and I came very close to doing that. Fact is I want a new vehicle, can afford it and feel somewhat compelled to help get this economy going again. My bills are paid, kids fed and money going toward my retirement so I'm covered.

I now officially have two Explorers on order, one from military car sales and one from Freedom Ford in VA. Only one will win out in the end.

While I appreciate this thought pattern, it isn't for everyone. There is no car for ten grand that compares, even removing the technology. I like the ride, gas mileage, looks, etc.

Dear Flip Flop,

I hope you enjoy your new ex as much as most of us do. :D

I now officially have two Explorers on order, one from military car sales and one from Freedom Ford in VA. Only one will win out in the end.

LOL. Went from canceling to ordering 2 instead.

I like how you think.

Fact is I want a new vehicle, can afford it and feel somewhat compelled to help get this economy going again..

Best of luck Mike, whatever you decide to do!

While I appreciate this thought pattern, it isn't for everyone.

You're right, it's not for everyone - what it boils down to for me is, there's no way I'd write a $30k+ check for a new car, so financing the same purchase doesn't make sense. To each his own.

Back