Decision Time. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Decision Time.

Tretopflir

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 explorer st
I Talked to my dealer for Atlas Blue ST .Tech, Moon Roof, And Hi-Perf pack. I have a Vin after 10 days for a 11-11-19 production. Today I placed a order for the Rapid Red same specs. Dealer ordered Blue because if I didn’t take it would go to stock. He did a dealer lookup and found one. I was excited as it was a Job2 production and issues resolved. It sold minutes before the dealer trade so I’m back to original order for red. They have one with the Street pack brakes. Asked dealer if they could upgrade-as they are dealer installed. parts/service director is finding out.
How much different are the brakes?
Is there any other difference besides pads?
Is it worth it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I did not take the performance / track pack because they are more geared towards using an ST on a track. Braking could be too harsh for regular driving. This regular ST already comes with the same brakes, rotors, callipers, the only difference is brake pads.

Mine regular ST is already crazy responsive to the brake pedal. I turned by brake assist off because If I am backing up to park, it will slam those brakes so hard. Every time this happens, I think that I have hit something from behind or from the side.

You can always get those calipers later if you wanted to.

I'd definitely go with the Street Pack. They are so dam sensitive as it is.. I couldnt imagine Daily Driving the Track Pack.

I Talked to my dealer for Atlas Blue ST .Tech, Moon Roof, And Hi-Perf pack. I have a Vin after 10 days for a 11-11-19 production. Today I placed a order for the Rapid Red same specs. Dealer ordered Blue because if I didn’t take it would go to stock. He did a dealer lookup and found one. I was excited as it was a Job2 production and issues resolved. It sold minutes before the dealer trade so I’m back to original order for red. They have one with the Street pack brakes. Asked dealer if they could upgrade-as they are dealer installed. parts/service director is finding out.
How much different are the brakes?
Is there any other difference besides pads?
Is it worth it?
Go with Street Pack. It's not worth the extra $$$ for the dealer installed brakes.

What everyone else already said.

......... They have one with the Street pack brakes. Asked dealer if they could upgrade-as they are dealer installed. parts/service director is finding out................................
Even though the brakes are dealer installed, I believe the parts are shipped with the vehicle.

Peter

Even though the brakes are dealer installed, I believe the parts are shipped with the vehicle.

Peter
They are supposed to be. My brother is parts /service director and Is waiting for the pads for a new ST. Unsellable until installed

There are no changes for Job 2, same as Job 1.

Ok, I was confused. I thought is was in reference to sorting out all of the production problems.

I placed my order on Monday, instead of a dealer trade, I opted to place a new order in hopes that most of the production problems would be resolved by now. I guess I will let you all know in 8 weeks.

Ok, I was confused. I thought is was in reference to sorting out all of the production problems.

I placed my order on Monday, instead of a dealer trade, I opted to place a new order in hopes that most of the production problems would be resolved by now. I guess I will let you all know in 8 weeks.

Nope, Job 2 was just rewording some options in the order guide. No physical changes. If they do rolling changes, they will call it a different Job but nothing different this time between 1 and 2.

Thanks to this thread I know to order the street pack brakes. I was wondering what the difference was as it wasn't clear on line or in the brochure

Thanks to this thread I know to order the street pack brakes. I was wondering what the difference was as it wasn't clear on line or in the brochure
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

Pulled this from a different post....

So now that vehicles are out I did some more digging. I pulled vin's from dealer sites, one for a street pack and one for a high performance pack, and ran them on the parts.ford.com website. There is more of a difference between the street pack and high performance pack than just brake pads. Here is the listing based on packs:

Street Pack (just fronts listed)
Pads - BRF1882
Rotors - BRRF402
Calipers - BRCF488 (LEFT) BRCF487 (RIGHT)

High Performance Pack (just fronts listed)
Pads - BRF1886
Rotors -BRRF406
Calipers - BCRF473 (LEFT) BCRF472(RIGHT)

It seems to be parts labeled performance are for the street pack vin and the ones labeled high series/police show up for the high performance pack vin. Also, when you search by vin number it changes the application descriptions for the parts listed than if you just search for parts for a 2020 Explorer.

Back