Diablo vs. Superchip

LLSTRIKES96

Reaction score
City, State
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT
Hey All,
I tried looking and I couldn't find much on this subject so I though I'd ask. From what I understand trucks with automatic transmissions benefit greatly from chips. I did some looking and I think I found a really good price for both the Diablo brand and Superchip brand at $215. I was wondering if anyone had any advice to give me on this subject. Anybody really like either one? $215 good price? Also I'm pretty sure you have to use a higher octane fuel, 93 right? BTW I have a 96 AWD with the V8 if that matters. Thanks

LOL. I actually just found a really recent post on basically everything I asked for! So sorry for wasting space. Anyone know where to find a Diablo for cheaper than $215?

Cheaper Diablo Chip

Yo,
I just ordered a Diablo Chip for $190.00. Go to www.smartyparts.com. They just contacted me and said it should be here on the 8th. Pretty dope... hope that helps

striker-

Let me know if you are going with the diablo. I'm planning on getting mine next pay check. I was going to wait until FRSHPWDR2K got his installed, but I don't think I can wait.

I've heard bad things about smartypants. They have good prices but bad business... I'de rather pay an extra $15 and know that they are there to help me. I think I'm going to buy mine at a dealer that only sells Diablo chips. It's called Hartsook werks and their website is www.hartsookwerks.com . I've been emailing and talking to him a lot lately... here is some info, copied straight from emails.

W R Bridge,

92 octane is required with use of the chip. Anybody with the right tools can install the chip. Disconnecting the battery and waiting 20 minutes is not necessary. The total price is $205.88 to the given area code. I did a job on a explorer today. Tools needed: #2 Phillips, 1/4" racket, 2-3" 1/4" extension, 10mm and 5.5mm sockets (if you don't have a 5.5mm use a 7/32). If you order, I can take you through the installation completely. My telephone number is 541 760 1329, call anytime. The web address is: www.hartsookwerks.com

Hope to hear from you soon,

Chris

FRSHPWDR2K

Let me know once you get yours installed. I would like to know what you think of it

Back