Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Diagnostic code P0506. Idle air control system RPM.

Discussion in 'EEC V' started by elviejo, June 14, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. elviejo

elviejo New Member

City, State:
      Florida
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2005 sport trac
      I am having problem with my 2005 Sport Trac. It runs good when I start it up but when I get to my destination and shut it off and restart it later (it is still hot) when I take my foot off the gas pedal the engine dies. I purchased a Innova diagnostic computer and it shows the code P0506.

Any ideas, I did not see a IAC Valve? I am currently living in Panama and some parts are limited or expensive. I can always order them in the states and have them shipped to me using my mail forwarding address in Miami.

:D

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Moderator & long time member. Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Brooklyn, NY
      88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
    4. swetrid

swetrid Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Reading Pa
      1999 Eddie Bauer
      Clean the throttlebody and it will fix it. Ford has tsb to replace tbody and reprogram pcm but a simple cleaning will suffice.