Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Did the dual flush toilet conversion

Discussion in 'Home Improvement' started by DB_1, June 18, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. DB_1

DB_1 Elite Ranger Elite Explorer

City, State:
      La Quinta, Ca.
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      97 SC Ranger xlt
      I was in HD about a week ago buying some paint supplies and wanted to check out some of the replacement parts for toilets since mine was making some annoying noise.
      I saw they had a retrofit kit for toilets that was only $25 and it was a very complete kit. Comes with all the guts and 2 buttons...1 chrome, 1 nickle finish.

The installation was very straight forward and instructions are very clear. The only tools I used were channel locks to undo the plastic nut holding the flush lever on. Everything else is just hand tightened.

Made the adjustments necessary per the instructions to get the water level right and it's been working great since the install.

So there's a light flush and a heavy flush button which works good but I can see someone with large fingers having a problem using the light flush button since it's on the small side.

It seems when using the heavy flush that the toilet runs longer than a normal flush before the conversion. I don't know if that can be adjusted or if its really using more water than normal so i'll live with it.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. jad2411

jad2411 Elite Explorer

City, State:
      El Paso, TX
      2007 Brown eb
      I did it too, and mine doesn't seem to run longer than it did previous to the install, there is on mine a screw adjuster (that I didn't play with) and you can twist the top part and it is numbered I think to adjust the number of gallons? I left that stock as well and on 1 (pee flush :p) it releases a bit more than half a tank, on 2 (poo flush) it releases the full tank

4. Stic-o

Stic-o Elite Movie Star Elite Explorer

Media:
      City, State:
      Lake View Terrace, CA
      '91 Navajo '99 XL '16 XLT
      I've been looking at these, and thinking about them. We don't pay for water (townhouse) but hate to flush our toilet in the middle of the night for #1 trips. Ours is loud and this can sometimes make it smell the next morning if we don't flush:(

Costco use to have these cheap too, but I haven't seen them recently.

5. DB_1

DB_1 Elite Ranger Elite Explorer

City, State:
      La Quinta, Ca.
      97 SC Ranger xlt
      I'll have to look over the instructions again to see what it says. The water level always returns to where it was previously so maybe i'm worried over nothing.

Steve, it will still be loud but only for half as long using #1 flush:p:

6. jad2411

jad2411 Elite Explorer

City, State:
      El Paso, TX
      2007 Brown eb
      ok so one adjuster must be for the amount of water getting in, since there is no floater on this system. the other one for the half flush. steve if the noise you have is while flushing this should help if it is during the fillup then you can turn the water off and you'd have 2 flushes with no need to refill