Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Did you know?

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by koda2000, February 3, 2015.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. koda2000

koda2000 Explorer Addict

Year, Model & Trim Level:
    x
    For the Explorers/Mountaineers which have the center consoles with the tissue dispenser slots, Burger King napkins fit perfectly in the receptacle under the coin holder. If you get about 3/4's of an inch of inter-leafed napkins they even pull out like tissues. A bit rough for blowing your nose maybe, but handy for other things. I don't know about McD's or other fast food place napkins, they might work too.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. ZWilson07

ZWilson07 Elite Cowboy

Media:
    City, State:
    Louisville, Kentucky
    2000 Ford Explorer
    This is when we know we are all getting old haha.

Sorry I couldn't help out more. If I recall, it was just an option that you could buy or have on a console not necessarily a certain console that always had it or didn't have it, if that makes sense.

You might be able to find a part number for the dispenser and install it on your console.

4. koda2000

koda2000 Explorer Addict

x
    all 5 of my current trucks all have this console and the tissue dispenser. My old 2001 XLT did not. it had the 1/2 console with the fold down arm rest that always broke. I believe a front bench seat (no console) was also available.

5. ZWilson07

ZWilson07 Elite Cowboy

Media:
    City, State:
    Louisville, Kentucky
    2000 Ford Explorer
    Correct, sorry I slightly misread the beginning of the thread and took it as you were looking for one to install versus just giving everyone a good reminder about it to help.

Carry on lol

6. joe doe

joe doe Active Member

City, State:
    slatington,pa
    2000 ex sport 4.0 ohv
    i was using "tempo" refills in mine .
    [​IMG]

got em cheap too at ollies i think . havent seen them in awhile but i got a bunch down the basement and dont have a explorer anymore .

ps- they fit in the plastic filler great too .

7. jimmyznutz

jimmyznutz Active Member

City, State:
    Sacramento, CA
    '99 X Sport - '06 Escape
    Callsign:
    Radio Weezel
    I use mine as a mini maglite holder and access to my bass adjustment knob to my amp. I made a custom mount for the mag and the control knob is tucked under the lip of it just a bit. works perfect. As far as napkins and tissues, I always keep a small pack of tissues in my glove box as well as the console.

8. bobflood

bobflood Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Powder Springs, GA
    1997 Eddie Bauer V8 2WD
    Most intereting use I have seen (in a post on this forum) was a 9mm, barrel down in the opening. Right handy should you need it quickly. :)

9. Verse

Verse New Member

2000 Mountaineer

that's impressive ! But it must be a small 9mm. My personal protection choice barely fits in the console of my mountaineer normally! I guess that 6 CD disc changer is really more of just something in the way, considering i dont even use CD's.