Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

DIFF DROP KITS?

Discussion in 'Modified 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by Apocalypse_05XLT, March 17, 2019.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. Apocalypse_05XLT

Apocalypse_05XLT New Member

City, State:
    Jacksonville
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    05 Explorer 4dr 4wd XLT
    Got some questions about a diff. drop kit. I lifted the body 3" last weekend and I love the look. BUT, my CVs are lookin pretty angled. So diff drop it is. Canyon seem to find a kit though. Any suggestions?

20190310_190500.jpg

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. jw1000

jw1000 New Member

City, State:
    California
    2005 Ford Explorer XLT V6
    If you only did a body lift that should not have changed any suspension or cv angles. Also, diff drop kits are not available I'm pretty sure. Thats a big part of why the amount you can lift these explorers is so limited. Someone made a custom lift kit that dropped the diff and went higher than 6 inches, but never took it to production.

4. domct203

domct203 Pilots The Beast Elite Explorer

Media:
    Albums:
    City, State:
    CT
    2002 Explorer XLS
    A body lift does not at all affect the suspension, your CV joints are exactly as before the body lift.

As mentioned, there are no 'Diff Drop' kits. Due to the rear axles passing through the frame, a diff drop is useless in the rear anyway.

I have a 3" body lift, with a 2" suspension (strut spacer) lift and my CV and Ball Joint angles are not that bad really. Plenty of room for 32" x 10.50 MT's (265/75/16)

Last edited: March 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 1

We Support Our Troops!