Different options for center caps on 2016 sport wheels? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Different options for center caps on 2016 sport wheels?

Blues Fan 30

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
Hello all,

Does anyone know of any options for different center caps on the 2016 sport wheels? I have a black sport and recently swapped the blue badges on front and rear for black and now want to get rid of the blue on the wheels as well but cant seem to find anything. I did a search on here as well but came up empty.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A little confused here. You said you already swapped out the center caps, are you looking for more center cap options? I don't recall seeing and wheels with blue on them other than the 'Blue Oval' caps. If you have blue on the wheels themselves, a center cap isn't going to cover that. A picture of the wheel might be helpful.

Peter

So I found a stock image of what I am referring to. The center cap on the wheels has the blue ford logo and I would prefer black to match the badges I recently installed on the grill and rear of vehicle. Most everything is now black on our ride, and the blue just sticks out to me and doesnt really belong. Interested on if anyone has found something different to get rid of the blue oval on the wheels.

2016-Ford-Explorer-Sport-wheels.jpg

My apology Blues Fan. Reading comprehension issue on my part. I thought you had changed the center caps with black ones while it was the front and rear logos that you changed.:( I also searched the Forum and did not find anything regarding center caps other than the OEM one. There is one picture I found but that member powder coated the entire wheel. My blacked out Explorer Also found this; Wheel Center Caps for 2016 Ford Explorer | eBay

Peter

Last edited:

They are not listed for an Explorer. I saw another post that mentioned 65mm as the possible size.

Peter
I ended up pulling the trigger on the raptor center caps since the whole set was $15. All the other sets were like $40-60. Figure if it doesn't work I'm only out a few bucks but if it does I feel I'll be happy with the swap. I'll be sure to post up either way with the outcome. 65 mm would only be slightly larger than 2.5 inch so could possibly sand down a tiny bit to fit.

Just a heads up (and sorry the ride is so dirty but weather in the STL area has been horrible) but the raptor center caps do fit nicely in the sport wheels. I pulled a center cap and compared before trying and diameter is an exact match. The locking stems if you will appear to have a different gapping, but I went for it anyhow and popped the new caps in and to my surprise they are nice and tight.

wheel%20cap%202_zpso6tusrbm.jpg

wheel%20cap_zpswphxw7fd.jpg

Back