• Register Today It's free!

Difficult UK

Leex97uk

Reaction score
City, State
UK, Kent
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Explorer
I have owned my 97 explorer for 5 years and until now had nothing go wrong. I have a couple of questions for the more knowledgable out there?

1 Why does it click at idle speed, the revs lower on the click and then return to normal? The noise seems to come from under the middle of the truck/car.

2 My blower works but it only blows onto the windshield - I have had the controls out but cannot find anything?

3 Getting parts for it is a very difficult in the Uk - forgive me if I am wrong, Ford parts are expensive! - I need a near side (RHD Model) rear light lens and same side - wheelarch trim - Can anyone offer any advice. I would be very greatful..

Lee :)

Try "Rockauto" on the internet for Ford parts. Maybe their costs plus shipping is cheaper than what you see in UK. Could the "click" be coming from the hot exhaust pipes or heat shields? Try searching for "Blend Door Repair" on this site. Maybe that's the problem with air flow direction. Good luck.

Welcome to another UK owner. To answer your questions.

1. The clicking is the air con compressor clutch. This would indicate that you need to get the air con topped up as the pressure is low.

2. The vent controls are done by vacuum and it sounds like you have a leak somewhere. There is a reservoir under the air filter box just above the plastic wing liner. Check all the pipes for breaks or even disconnected ones.

3. Yes parts from the dealers are very expensive. So try some third party ones like:
http://www.usautomotive.co.uk

Back