Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Digital Display Scrambled

Discussion in 'Stock 2006 -2010 Explorers' started by aolsonx2, June 23, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. aolsonx2

aolsonx2 New Member

City, State:
    Kearney, NE
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    '06 XLT
    My digital display, (odometer, mpg, compass, etc.) scrambled yesterday on my '06 Explorer XLT. The scrambled lights are moving as if there is a message scrolling across the screen but it is unintelligible. I disconnected the battery in hopes of a reset, but no change. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited: June 23, 2011
  2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.
  3. Old As Dirt

Old As Dirt Active Member

City, State:
    ROANOKE
    17 XLT
    I noticed this type of activity just before my battery failed. Have you had the seatbelt icon stay on when you first start up after sitting a while? That is one of the final signs that your battery is failing.

4. aolsonx2

aolsonx2 New Member

City, State:
    Kearney, NE
    '06 XLT
    I have never had the seat belt light stay on, but the airbag light does occasionally. The battery appears as strong as ever, but I will take note. If I don't get any other replies, I may pop in a new battery soon and see if that works. I will be sure to let you know what I find out. Thanks for the reply.

5. A Wise Guy

A Wise Guy Well-Known Member

City, State:
    McHenry, IL.
    '06 Limited Dark Cherry
    I have not heard about the seat belt light staying on but I have read that the airbag light staying on usually means you will be changing your battery really soon.

6. Old As Dirt

Old As Dirt Active Member

City, State:
    ROANOKE
    17 XLT
    My mistake - I meant Airbag icon. If you are seeing that, chances are you have a dying battery....

We Support Our Troops!