Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Direct Conn from amp to speakers Q!

Discussion in 'Explorer Audio & Navigation' started by Pimpin Yoda, October 10, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Pimpin Yoda

Pimpin Yoda Member

City, State:
      Oklahoma City, Ok
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      Explorer '96 XLT 4x4
      Hey i am trying to direct conn from amp to speaker...only problem is that the door is hard to see into. I have got a 96 XLT. Has anyone done this and can tell me what you found to be the easiest wayto do it? I looked in the black sleeve that all the other wires are in and there isnt any room for even speaker wire to fit in. Please post fast im going to be doing this project tomorrow. Thanx!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Van I.

Van I. Active Member

City, State:
      Maui to Keizer, OR
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '91 4dr 4x4, 04 xlt 4.6
      I know that I have a different year than yours but I think it should be relatively the same. I used a coat hanger. That black sleeve that is between the door and the frame can be popped out. Stick the hanger in one side and work it through the bunch of wires. Tie speaker wire on one end and pull through. Should not be that hard.

Good luck;)

Van I