Disable horn honk

jimbo74

Elite Exploder
Reaction score
City, State
Nor*Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001, F150, XLT 4x4
This is for a 2002 Explorer Sport Trac, however, might be the same for other vehicles.

Has factory key fob. When you unlock it, the horn honks and lights flash, when you unlock it, the horn honksand lights flash.

Can the horn honk be disabled?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is for a 2002 Explorer Sport Trac, however, might be the same for other vehicles.

Has factory key fob. When you unlock it, the horn honks and lights flash, when you unlock it, the horn honksand lights flash.

Can the horn honk be disabled?
So the horn only sounds when you unlock?

So the horn only sounds when you unlock?

OP said both lock and unlock. IDK about the 2002, but on my 2001 it only honks if I push the lock button on the remote twice and never on unlock.

OP said both lock and unlock. IDK about the 2002, but on my 2001 it only honks if I push the lock button on the remote twice and never on unlock.

Same thing as Koda says on my 2003 Sport. It doesn't honk on normal lock and unlock.

OP states unlock twice, possibly a typo I guess.

My remote works as yours, only sounds the horn when pushing the lock button twice, and never on unlock, 2002 XLS.

Horn honks on lock and unlock.
If you don't even touch the fob, and just use the button on the door, it honks as well

Horn honks on lock and unlock.
If you don't even touch the fob, and just use the button on the door, it honks as well

A GEM (General Electronic Module) issue maybe?

Back