1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Dk Exp '01 X XLT SAS advice/questions/planning

Discussion in 'Offroad Projects' started by Tifoez & Lavinia, April 11, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Tifoez & Lavinia

Tifoez & Lavinia Active Member

City, State:
    Charleroi, Pennsylvania
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    '01 XLT
    I have a pretty stock X on 31's. I am about to buy a complete inspected '76-'77 Early Bronco. I'm not positive but I know the guy said "factory front disc's" and I know him pretty well so I'm confident its '76-'77..
    Anyway, I need advice about the donor axle.

1)Is it roughly the same width as the "X-rear axle + the 5x4.5 to 5x5.5 adapter?
    2)Would it be easier/cheeper to use leafs on the 2nd Gen (grind off coil stuffs, and use spring perches?)
    3)It also has the 302 drive line, I'm thinking of using it (front axle, motor, trans, transfer case, and if needed the rear axle for width), so I have more options to modify the engine. Plus, my 5r55e is about to tank..

I think this is a good base to start, materials/options, then start hording parts until S-Day

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.