Do fuel system cleaners actually work? Testing Gumout "All-in-One" | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Do fuel system cleaners actually work? Testing Gumout "All-in-One"

dogfish246

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Ranger V6 4x4
Hey guys,
We always hear about how people use fuel system cleaners to clean the engine but unless you have a dirty injector with a misfire, who knows if the fuel cleaners actually do anything?!?!

In this video I show before and after using Gumout "All in one" fuel system cleaner which claims after one use, you will see results.

Let me know what you think!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SoZnymBSC8

Informative video

I thought your video was informative and the testing was done fairly. Personally, I have only used Techron fuel injector cleaner in my vehicles for the last 30 years but not to remove carbon buildup in the combustion chamber. I doubt that any fuel additive can significantly remove carbon buildup in the combustion chamber that has formed in the presence of intense heat. I wish that I had an inspection viewer like yours to check for piston damage. Can it also observe valve damage?

I thought your video was informative and the testing was done fairly. Personally, I have only used Techron fuel injector cleaner in my vehicles for the last 30 years but not to remove carbon buildup in the combustion chamber. I doubt that any fuel additive can significantly remove carbon buildup in the combustion chamber that has formed in the presence of intense heat. I wish that I had an inspection viewer like yours to check for piston damage. Can it also observe valve damage?

Thanks! Yea, it can also check for valve damage with a mirror but the mirror isnt that great.

Back