Do you wear a seatbelt? | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Do you wear a seatbelt?

Do you wear a seatbelt?

• Yes, always.

Votes: 398 81.1%
  • No, never

Votes: 29 5.9%
  • Depends (please post what it depends on)

Votes: 64 13.0%

• Total voters
I should but makes me fell uncomfortable. Almost that clostraphobic feeling. It is a law here in WI but they can not pull you over for that. They have to nail you with the seatbelt secondary to something else.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I should but makes me fell uncomfortable. Almost that clostraphobic feeling. It is a law here in WI but they can not pull you over for that. They have to nail you with the seatbelt secondary to something else.

I would think that your head going through the windshield would be more uncomfortable than wearing the seatbelt.

I would think that your head going through the windshield would be more uncomfortable than wearing the seatbelt.

HAHA. For some reason i found that really funny, but its the truth seat belts were designed for a purpose im sure ford wouldn't spend money on something useless. For me I always wear my seat belt, the one time i didn't I probably 6 and someone re-ended my dads work truck and my head cracked the window never again will I ride with out one.

i wear it now because im so used to it my old car had that
automatic seat belt the one that moves up and down when the door is close
so now i feel wierd if i dont use it ;)

I wear mine all the time! But not wearing one saved my life once so hmmm but thats rare...

well now im interested... you gotta tell me how? Rollover? run into a lake?

i always were mine
when i was little my dad would say the truck couldnt start unless it was clicked..lol.. got me into habit

well now im interested... you gotta tell me how? Rollover? run into a lake?

i always were mine
when i was little my dad would say the truck couldnt start unless it was clicked..lol.. got me into habit

Most of the guys that I talk with on here know haha but here it is summed up...

Cut off + Thrown 30 yards + Brain Surgery + Left arm rebuild + 1 month Coma Yet the only reason I'm alive is because I had no seat belt. The EMT's on site saw me and called my mom, they were friends of hers. They are the ones who told mom that I'm a rare case. I have no memories from this at all its all what I have been told.

life.jpg

For those of you who were "saved" by not wearing a seatbelt.....how can you be sure since you didn't go through the same accident with it on? You're making an assumption based on some partial facts. Even if it is true that you may be alive because you didn't have your seatbelt on, you are in the extreme minority. The facts are that you are far more likely to survive a bad accident if you are wearing your seatbelt...period.

Danny..how do you KNOW for a fact you wouldn't be here if you had your seatbelt on? Because some EMT told you so?

I am one of those people,I rolled over my dad's 86 ranger when I was 16 and don't think I would be here if I had been wearing one the top of the cab almost completely caved in. I don't believe that is rare on these older trucks that didn't have the high crash standards of today. However I agree that in a never vehicle the odds of survival are much higher if you are wearing a seat-belt. But I think that rollovers in vehicles for the 80's it's a tossup.

Let's be nice, this is about possibilities, chance. There are always positive and negative possibilities for anything, including using seat belts.

Not having seat belts on will result in far more injuries, almost every time, compared to wearing them. You should bet on the greatest possibility to survive or have no injuries. That is vastly on the side of wearing seat belts.

God bless you Danny, I hope you do know how fortunate you were, and will continue to be safe. I had an accident in 1997 when I wrecked my own car, alone. I killed the car(91 LSC SE), a telephone poll in the left door hinge, and stepped out of the sunroof. With minor injuries I credit God for me being here, not the seat belts or luck. I still wear them as much as possible today. Regards,

Danny..how do you KNOW for a fact you wouldn't be here if you had your seatbelt on? Because some EMT told you so?
Well the way they drive shaft came up the roof came down, your right no one can be 100% sure but just by looking at the facts with my wreck you can see that I would have a very slim chance. But oh well I am here and thats all that matter's right? It turned me from a Dodge guy into a Ford guy :salute:

God bless you Danny, I hope you do know how fortunate you were, and will continue to be safe. I had an accident in 1997 when I wrecked my own car, alone. I killed the car(91 LSC SE), a telephone poll in the left door hinge, and stepped out of the sunroof. With minor injuries I credit God for me being here, not the seat belts or luck. I still wear them as much as possible today. Regards,
I know how fortunate I am too and believe me what ever the case was that night wearing or not wearing the belt I have ALWAYS worn in since regardless of if it saved my life or not. :salute: Cheers

Re:

Always worn it, just a habit since I was a kid. Alaska law anyways. The two rules for passengers in my car are no smoking and wear your seatbelt. Only hit another object with any car I've owned once in my life, that was with my beloved '95 Eddie Bauer F-150. Head-on collision with a Lexus SUV, both cars doing about 40. I didn't feel a thing, blacked out on impact and woke up later with no pain at all and no injury beyond a bleeding thumb.

Danny, I remember when your wreck was in the paper. Not fair at all that the other car left the scene. Glad you made it out alive.

Danny, I remember when your wreck was in the paper. Not fair at all that the other car left the scene. Glad you made it out alive.

It was in the news paper? I would love to get my hands on that. My mom never even knew it was in the paper. I sent you a PM, nice to see another Alaskan:salute:Cheers

unless i'm goin on long trips or something over a mile... i don't wear mine. too much of a hassle.

unless i'm goin on long trips or something over a mile... i don't wear mine. too much of a hassle.

How is wearing a seatbelt a hassle? It takes a whopping 2 seconds to put it on and about the same to take it off. Is that extra 4 seconds out of your life more important than the one time the belt saves your life?

I'll always wear a seatbelt in all civilian vehicles. But when I'm in a military vehicle I won't.

What's the reason for not wearing one in a military vehicle?

I always have mine buckled, even when just getting the mail down the driveway. It's habit, and if I start breaking the habit for short rides down my neighborhood, it's harder and harder to justify when to have it on and for what distance it is required. So, I just keep it simple and always wear it.

in Alabama the law is if you don't have your seat belt on its a 15 dollar fine, but they only "check if you get pulled over so you can put it on before the cop walks up to your window

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thats the same in alabama but its only 15 dollars

Back