Does this forum apply to Escapes too? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Does this forum apply to Escapes too?

edwx

Reaction score
City, State
Jacksonville, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer XLT
After moving south to Georgia, was thinking about trading in my old rust bucket 2006 Explorer for a nice 2010 southern Escape. Just asking what to look out for on 2010 Escapes, but not sure if it's the correct forum. Thanks, Ed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had a look long ago but did not like the interiors. Electric motor power steer failures on them are very expensive to repair. 3.0L only V6 if you'r going that way.

Ok, thanks for pointing me in the right direction and for the info on the electric power steering failures. I'll repost this over on that forum.

If you look at sites like JD Power and others I have read they do go south and north of $1500 to repair it. The old school hydraulic Power Steering pump is bullet proof. Some vehicle drop their rack and pinions after x years but still a lot cheaper than the Electric motor versions. Going from an Explorer (any year) is a step down, big one in my opinion to an Escape but the 3.0L V6 w/auto tranny is by far the best 4x4 configuration on them. Forget any 4 bangers on any vehicle.

Back