Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

door not opening

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by crazymind, June 15, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. crazymind

crazymind Active Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
      99 mountaieer 4.0
      so i have read a few forums but i didnt find any with my problem. when i go to open the drivers door from the outside door handle i have to pull it pretty much past were it is designed to go and as a resault of it the handle broke. and to even get it to work half the time before it broke i would have pull up on the back of the handle, like something was out of alingment or not adjusted right. and now the passanger side is doing the same thing:mad:. any help would be much apperecated

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. bobflood

bobflood Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Powder Springs, GA
      1997 Eddie Bauer V8 2WD
      Do a search - there are literally dozens of threads that deal with this issue!!

4. crazymind

crazymind Active Member

99 mountaieer 4.0
      All the ones I have found are bout the door not unlocking or inside and outside handle not opening. Mine locks and unlocks fine, and opens on the inside just fine just not the outside

5. bobflood

bobflood Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Powder Springs, GA
      1997 Eddie Bauer V8 2WD
    6. crazymind

crazymind Active Member

99 mountaieer 4.0
      I was doing more searching because it wasn't just the door handle that was creating the problem, there is a little plastic piece that holds the rod to the latch that broke. But I forgot to save the post to help others in the future. Thanks for everyone trying to help just wrong problem.