1. Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Dismiss Notice

door won't open

Discussion in 'Ford Escape Forum' started by harting2, November 21, 2014.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. harting2

harting2 New Member

City, State:
    St. Louis Mo
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    03 ford escape
    03 ford escape first rt. rear door would not close, got to close but now wouldn't open, removed panel and handle, rod going back to latch moves but nothing seems to work, have a neither whole mechanism to see how it works, can't figure it out. Any Help Please

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. mattadams

mattadams Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Longmont, CO
    2017 Explorer Sport
    Those latches do go bad fairly frequently, and they are relatively easy to fix, but the only way I'm familiar with to replace them is if you can get the door open... I would estimate I've replaced 3 or 4 of them in various explorers over the year, so I'd imagine the escapes aren't much difference. if you can't even get the door open, I'm not quite sure what to recommend there, because there are some bolts to get the latch out, but you can only get to them if the door is open...

4. harting2

harting2 New Member

City, State:
    St. Louis Mo
    03 ford escape
    escape

Thank's for you're reply But my husband cut the door off. he getting good at putting doors back on.