Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Doors randomly unlock and lock?

Discussion in 'Stock 1991 - 1994 Explorers' started by TimIngram, February 8, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. TimIngram

TimIngram New Member

City, State:
    Henderson, NV
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    93 Eddie Bauer
    Ok, so since I have obtained my pile of crap 1993 Eddie Bauer 4 door a4ld transmission with 4.0 v6 it has been randomly locking and unlocking via the electric locks, also my horn will go off with the lights at random times, im looking to disconnect any wireless keyfobs there are stock in this vehicle. I dont want them im tired of my vehicle unlocking and locking as well as my horn randomly going off, i dont believe its an alarm either because i cant locate any sort of alarm light. im not looking to really fix this as much as get rid of it. if anyone can help or point me off to a good post about removing factory keyless entry/alarm systems on a 1993 eb please do ive been searching for a while now and no such luck, if their is no writeup and someone has the knowledge and wishes to share i will create a writeup to help other people.
    thanks for the help-Tim

2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. westfield

westfield Active Member

City, State:
    San Antonio, TX
    94 Eddie Bauer
    If it is such a pile of crap, just get rid of it and you will solve your door lock problem.

4. FEAR30X

FEAR30X New Member

City, State:
    NEW JERSEY
    93 XLT
    people drive piles of crap everyday, and still wish they didnt have problems, some piles of crap have no issues or problems, and people have them crushed

5. 92exp4x4

92exp4x4 Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Covington, Kentucky
    92 XL 2-door and others
    The modules for the keyless entry/anti-theft are behind the jack panel. You can try unplugging them and see what happens, but I don't know if the locks will work at all or not. Also the anti-theft module will deactivat the starting sytem when the alarm is triggered. I don't know if unplugging it will keep you from starting the truck.

Sounds like it might be getting radio interference somehow. I would try erasing the key fobs and re programming them. It might help. Search the forum for programming key fobs. There is info out there.