"DOUBLE VISION"Registry | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

"DOUBLE VISION"Registry

so ive been a member for awile now but never done one of these so i figured it was time and needed somewhere to bs and come up with ideas.i have a 92xl ex 4x4 and have had it for about 5 years.i got it from and ex parents for $500 and there was nothing at all wrong with it.it was a one owner truck and had all paperwork for all work done.my plans right now is to make it a good 4x4 and as fast as possible!!ill post pic and links to all my other threads as i ramble on.i decided to call it double vision because if you got double vision something is messed up and seems to be true with this truck!!:D
new11/1
new.jpg

5C8C162C-D189-4881-A2AE-754D2B530403.jpg

old on 33s
picture.php

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

im also waiting on my alum rad and fan.also got to weld up a braket for my trans,got to figure out some angles first.o and still looking for a oe headgasket to measure before i decide witch one im going to run
Posted via Mobile Device

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

ok just an update ive got everything painted except whats going to be blue and i cant really decide if i should keep the same color blue i have now or go with something that is darker.my plug wires and intake are a little darker shade of blue and looks like that would go better and then everything would match.here is a pic of the light blue i have now,the pan is a metallic flake gunmetal,really need to see it in the sun light,i love this color also i will be the color of the truck soon.so darker or leave it?
11ka2wn.jpg

whiqkm.jpg

k3vtc3.jpg

ok so ive got my gasket in and the motor is going back together and will be in truck on the 24.also the thickness of a felpro is .050 and compressed is around .035 to .040 so with new figures it will be around 10.5:1
1gen pistons
-17.5cc
95tm 90tm (my 95tm)
48cc 60cc 45cc
stroke
my bore ________ stock bore (3.950)
3.971 (mines .02 over)
felpro headgasket
.050 compressed is around .035 to .040

also the cheapest place for a complete felpro gasket kit is from this guy $128 to your door he also has head bolt for $28.beat any place ive found!!i also got my high flow oil pump from him and he was the cheapest!!they are on ebay at http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/hd_mad_dog?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1181
or call "We can do the 1992 set for $128 shipped to you. Call us at 1 800 940 4379 #403, Anthony"

Hey my bad on using all your pm space i am still kinda new at this. Any ways yes im running an efan i looked at you set up i do not get how you have two coolers together. Are your fans setup where the front is pushing and the rear i pulling, and is getting a bigger trans pan worth it. I think it is two quarts more. I do not know weather to use Royal Purpal or Amsoil in my tranny. I use the purp in my motor and i love it. Also i heard once my motor is fresh i should not use synthetic to breack it in.

no prob man i just dont like haven to del message because i got to many then i forget what or who ive talked too.yea my front one pushes and only kicks on by switch or when the trans reaches 160 and my main fan is a puller and has a separate tstat that turns it on.im changing my whole setup and will be running a all aluminum manual trans radiator with a Chevy hhr fan mounted to it and the my old ac radiator the one thats in front of the main radiator,thats what i will be using for my auto trans cooler and it will have a fan mounted to it as well.it should get way better cooling that way and i think its better to have them separate.amsoil is very good oil,i use it in my bikes but not my truck yet.yea you got to use regular oil for the first 1000 miles and dont really get on it to have or rev the crap out of it.i use castrol oil and a motorcraft filter,only way to go!!and as for the pan,im sure it helps but really its only a matter of time before that a4ld goes so i say spend that money else where unless you can get one cheap

well she is about 90% back together and man i love the new colors,they are old ford blue(went with the dark blue this time) and gunmetal metallic gray,then everything is clear coated with high temp gloss clear.the pic dont do no justice.just a teaser shot,ill have to post some when all the way done but as of now she going back in this sat!!
2ymwp78.jpg

its for my oil cooler,filter still goes in the same spot.ill take a vid of the 2nd time and show how that new high flow oil pump works.it should sound different than the last vid,with all that new work done!!
Posted via Mobile Device

man i love my ar carbine but that saiga is crazy to shoot.they are really cheap guns but ive put prob a 1000 rounds through mine and never once jammed and stays true on.i sighted mine in at a 100yards and all 20rds are within i say a 6inch circle.but ive got a 24x scope and match ammo also and you know im just a good shot too:shoot:if you want a good 308 id say go with saiga yea i know its a ak but for $400 you can beat it!

Sweet man i am going to keep my ac so i am getting a larger oil cooler with a ten inch fan on it. I hope it works out good. Thanks again for the info.

Sounds like a fun gun...I gotta look into that. TAPCO makes a trigger setup to replace that weird factory S-shaped trigger too. I still got an SKS that I bought a long time ago and I love it so it sounds like the saiga's along the same lines.

My "dream" 308 would be a FNAR though. Little pricey but an awesome accurate gun from what I hear.

man i love my ar carbine but that saiga is crazy to shoot.they are really cheap guns but ive put prob a 1000 rounds through mine and never once jammed and stays true on.i sighted mine in at a 100yards and all 20rds are within i say a 6inch circle.but ive got a 24x scope and match ammo also and you know im just a good shot too:shoot:if you want a good 308 id say go with saiga yea i know its a ak but for $400 you can beat it!

she is in woooooooo.man this this went back together and in in two days kind of scares me!!i am getting really good at doing this now!!she would have fired up and drove today but im waiting on my fan and i have to still wrap the headers but beside that she is completely done!!i got my new radiator in today and man that this is nice but it way thinner than i thought it was going to be.for plugs i stepped down on degree also to help with any pinging.then are ngk tr6.i also went ahead and painted my fire wall.that new none ac blower box is super nice it give you sssooooo much more room its stupid!!she should be running next week some time and ill post a vid of the exhaust and how that pump does!!
and here are some pic
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

so got the fan in and got all my coolers setup done.now all im waiting on is to finish wrapping these headers.im kind of worried that i might have to many coolers on for the trans,think it might lose some psi or something so i guess i need to hook up a gauge and see what the line pressure is.i also mounted my oil cooler onto the stock little trans cooler.that hhr fan fit perfect i did really have to cut anything and there is a ton of room.here are some pic and stay tuned for the fire up!!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Good call on checking the line pressure...might as well check everything that could go wrong before you kick the tires and light the fires. I don't know how you have the tranny coolers plumbed up right now but if you are worried about restriction/flow you could hook them up in parallel and that might help.

How many amps does that HHR draw and what is the CFM? I might get one to replace my FLX-150 whenever it dies.

Are you painting your headers with anything to protect them from rust before you wrap em up?

i dont know about the fan im going to hook an amp meter to it and see.i dont know how i can find out the cfm or how to test it.i stripped the headers then painted and baked them with some flame proof paint.ive wraped headers before and not had a problem but these cheap ass header get very hot and are thin.might be having to get a good set on down the road
Posted via Mobile Device

I still got my JBA headers but no Y-pipe so that's why I never had them up for sale. They were the ceramic coated but somehow developed a bit of surface rust in a couple of places in the 5 years I had them on the truck. Other than that they are nice pieces. If you want them someday let me know they aren't going anywhere.

well im really having 2nd thoughts on using that ac condenser for a cooler i might just go with that aftermarket on thats mounted to it and the stock little one.anyone know what psi of the return line should be at?

Back