Dr. Jack | Page 25 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dr. Jack

:usa: Hopefully I am starting this thread in the proper place. I am following the ideas of other members to keep a log so to speak of the 92 Explorer now know as Dr. Jack.
It all started a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, oops,wrong story.
A while back in the spring/summer time frame of 2009. I was asked by an EF member if I ever do any 4wheeling, I told him I had done a bit in Death Valley but not much, this is when he intoduced me to the EF family. We made plans for me to join him as a rider in the CCR09 at Ouray. We did a pre-run in Moab where I meet Bronco2guy, Amy, and Chad551. Then on to Ouray where I meet a lot of fine peeps in the EF family. I had such a blast that I decided to start a project, I have always liked off roading but all the groups I meet seemed to have a "better than thou" idea.
Giving myself two years for the project, I started keeping an eye on the forum and looking around for ideas, then the 92 Explorer of Dr. John "Jack" Lobdell popped up on Craig's list in New Mexico, by following the forum I became aware of the sale, and by contact with other members I came to learn that this was a special vehicle from a special member. Lady Luck smiled on me, as I was able to use my brother's trailer to go pick up the vehicle. Robert rode with me and am I glad he did, his help was great. Got the rig back home and am now beginning to go over it, will keep upates as I go

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Damn mate must have been pitch black out ay? I can't see a single star.

It's just where we're sitting at, I'm standing at the base of one hill and the base of the other hill is about the same distance from the rig as I am, each hill is about 100-120 ft high, it was clear and only a quarter moon that was already setting, it just looks like pitch black because where the pic was taken.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Sue sure does some awesome work, Great winch cover Sue!!!

IMG_0405.jpg

And the surprise that came with the winch cover, a vise cover named "Jaws"!
Thank you so much Sue!!!! :salute:

IMG_0406.jpg

You sure that's a jaw bone on the vice cover mate?:D

Great work by Sue!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jack is looking bloody fantastic!!!!!

You sure that's a jaw bone on the vice cover mate?:D

Great work by Sue!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jack is looking bloody fantastic!!!!!

LOL, yes!! it's modeled after Sylvester Stallone!!!!

The underside of your truck needs a bath! :D

The underside of your truck needs a bath! :D

They have no water in TX for that! LOL

LOL! Gregg is accurate on that!! Not too many rivers or creeks now, just river beds and creek beds!!!

You did it all wrong. Supposed to cut a hole in the floor so its easy to get to it and you dont have to drop the tank. lol

That is what I was orginally gonna do, but Russell said to drop the tank, which was pretty easy (since he did most of the work!) A good thing too, where I had marked the the spot to cut was all wrong too.

Got to give the recon winch a good test over the weeend,

This is about the point Dan lost traction in Dark Thunder, there is a "hump" right there and with 2wd it just could not get the traction there, could not hit it at a higher speed due to the area.

SANY0025.jpg

The test completed, :D

DSC_0497.jpg

We ran maybe 50 to 60 feet of line out, and used a 1:1 pull, handled it like a champ

Sweet as mate!!!!!!

You dropped the tank???!!!! :D How quickly did the winch pull? did you use the wireless remote?

Yes, we dropped the tank, it was not as bad as I thought it would be dropping it, worked out pretty good. We had air tools and floor jacks, and of course Russell himself!

The winch pulled at, just a wild guess, maybe 15 ft per minute. ( I would pull for around 30 seconds and then cool for the same amount of time) I used the hard harness because I couldn't find the wireless(found it on the bottom of the console, dur)

reapereviltwin said:
Thanks for the altezza light lens, Russell, they be sweet too! :D

It was the least i could do for you mike! Remember what i said about parts :-D

Dr. jack is looking and sounding great! glad we got the 511 and 522 codes pulled too! That truck just picked a line and went with no hesitation whatsoever. It was a great site, and a blast of a weekend with you and Robert!!!

It was the least i could do for you mike! Remember what i said about parts :-D

Dr. jack is looking and sounding great! glad we got the 511 and 522 codes pulled too! That truck just picked a line and went with no hesitation whatsoever. It was a great site, and a blast of a weekend with you and Robert!!!

Yes Sir and thank you! I do remember, and the same here!

Did you and Dan notice that the lights were on before you left? Both of ya'll are hidden by the house at your rigs. :D

I didn't!!! I never walked to the back of Jack, lol. They still looks tons better than they did on blue!

Back