Drive engages slowly from reverse? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Drive engages slowly from reverse?

teh bishop

Reaction score
City, State
The Alamo City
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
I don't know if this is a valid concern or not, so I figured I'd see if anyone else experiences this.

When I have my vehicle in reverse I will come to a complete stop and at the same time put it into drive and give it gas. It takes more than a full second to finally "engage(?)" and then start to drive. It happens every time. I don't know if this is an actual issue or if it's just a quirk with the Explorer as no other vehicle I have does this?

I don't know if this is a valid concern or not, so I figured I'd see if anyone else experiences this.

When I have my vehicle in reverse I will come to a complete stop and at the same time put it into drive and give it gas. It takes more than a full second to finally "engage(?)" and then start to drive. It happens every time. I don't know if this is an actual issue or if it's just a quirk with the Explorer as no other vehicle I have does this?
No problem here. I shift from 'R' to 'D' and away I go.

Peter

Same thing happened in my sisters mountaineer, it was low on tranny fluid.

Same thing happened in my sisters mountaineer, it was low on tranny fluid.

Hmmmm, I'll tell the techs tomorrow morning. Taking it in for the update for Nav and the A4 as well (I hope).

Back