Driver one touch down upgrade to Driver/Passenger one touch up/down | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Driver one touch down upgrade to Driver/Passenger one touch up/down

ty666666

Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, ON
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012, Explorer, Base
I just bought a used 2012 ford explorer base model and I hate the fact that it only has one touch down for driver only. I'm used to one touch up & down to both driver & passenger so this feels like a downgrade. I found on ebay many window power switches for my explorer 5th gen where it says Auto on both front buttons instead of the driver only like on mine. Does anyone know if I can simply swap the master window power switch with a new one or does it need something else?

For those who have the window buttons that are both Auto, does yours work one touch up & down on both windows or is just one touch down? cuz mine size auto on driver but works only one touch down, not up

Thanks

I just bought a used 2012 ford explorer base model and I hate the fact that it only has one touch down for driver only. I'm used to one touch up & down to both driver & passenger so this feels like a downgrade. I found on ebay many window power switches for my explorer 5th gen where it says Auto on both front buttons instead of the driver only like on mine. Does anyone know if I can simply swap the master window power switch with a new one or does it need something else?

For those who have the window buttons that are both Auto, does yours work one touch up & down on both windows or is just one touch down? cuz mine size auto on driver but works only one touch down, not up

Thanks

Not as easy. The motors for one touch up/down are "smart motors". You'll need to change those as well. They sell after market modules to add the functionality. It would be easier and cheaper to check those out. Heres an example. If you go for it, let us know how good it is. Good luck!

https://www.amazon.com/AutoLoc-Power-Accessories-9862-Window/dp/B00IMW8TZQ/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1K3527689MWW3&keywords=one+touch+up+and+down+window&qid=1576003178&sprefix=one+touch+up,aps,204&sr=8-1

Back